healing with your ki

Posted by: Anonymous

healing with your ki - 01/18/05 07:53 AM

hi! [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG] I'm new to this forum and i haven't realy check for this but has anyone herd of rayki. It is saposed to be a healing tecnic (i can't spell today) that uses your ki, or spirit energy, to heal aches and pains. i have used it and its been used on me, but it has limitacions. i have never heard of rayki closing a wound. but i think that it has the potencial to do this i if u can control your ki very well, and sence this is the meditation/zen forum, i thought u guys back me up on this.

Re: healing with your ki - 01/18/05 08:10 AM

Gilgamesh-san, (interesting mix of cultures in your name there)

what you are talking about is written as "reiki" - but you did a pretty good job guessing the spelling

i think this is more suited to the energy arts forum if anything (although the internal martial arts practitioners there may dissagree)

meditation/zen isn't really linked to chi

though im really wondering now, if you dont know the principles, or how to spell it - how is it exactly that you claim to have used it?
Posted by: nekogami13 V2.0

Re: healing with your ki - 01/18/05 11:14 AM

There is a well respected member who posts on the energy arts forum occassionally and is the moderator of the weapons forum, who is a Reiki practicioner. Her forum name is "Reiki".

While I respect her and her opinion, I believe Reiki is a load of hooey. If I have aches and pains I will heal them using the ancient traditional methods of my people-Ibuprofen and Ben-gay.
Posted by: nenipp

Re: healing with your ki - 01/18/05 12:45 PM

Gilga, I think in reiki they don't use or control their own qi, instead they tap in to universal qi and use that for healing, I'm sure reiki or bossman or someone who knows this stuff will correct me if I'm wrong!
I don't do reiki myself, but am interested in just about anything about qi.. except all and any bullcrap (anyone half serious will have a decent clue to what I mean)

neko, with all due respect, what you are doing is this:
when your body's gently telling you that something's not quite right, you tell it to shut the f-k up!
feel free to continue in that manner, but don't be surprised the day you'r body gets tired of telling you gently...

Re: healing with your ki - 02/10/05 10:31 PM

Gilgamesh-san, i haven't read much, actually i haven't read anything about this reiki at all. i just thought i would inform you that in order to heal someone, you have to know HOW to. by this i mean: the body has meridians in which energy flows through. a disrubtion from a disease, or someone (a fighting) can disrupt the flow of the energy. you have to know which way and how the energy flows, you also need to know the all the orgins its associated with, in order to heal someone. as far as i know, thats the only way to heal someone with your "ki" or energy.

this is a simple post that may save you a lot of time in the future. if you dont believe me, search google for the key word "dim-mak" that means death strike, or touch of death. there are 2 sides to "dim-mak" there is the distroying and healing. you can imagine what both do. anyways, read about the healing, if you want to heal people, you might want to take that approach to healing.