Hand Seals!?!?!?!?!?

Posted by: Anonymous

Hand Seals!?!?!?!?!? - 11/01/04 05:29 PM

Hello, I have a question. I want to know about hand seals.I am a naruto fan and sasuke and naruto use them and i want to know what they heck they are. When I meditate i used hand seals but my mom doesn't want me to because she thinks it could be something that defies christianity and some kind demonic signal. Or just something of another religion not based on christianity. I need help because I think there pretty cool. Also i need to know history of it (because i alreadsy know what they are for in naruto)and the point of it.
Thanx in Advance

Re: Hand Seals!?!?!?!?!? - 11/02/04 02:26 AM

By hand seals I suppose you mean mudras or finger cuts. If so then a good place to start learning more about them is with the Ninjutsu Kuji in. Its not magic or anything that is against religion. I've found a lot of mental benifits from Kuji in. Like Rin is for strengh, Kyo is for channeling energy, Retsu is mastery of time and space. each hand seal is designed to condition you mentally in some way or another. the mind guides the body to condition the body one starts with the mind hand seals can aid in this if taught correctly.Hmm as far as the history I'm not sure never really researched it. I'm sure it dates back hundreds perhaps thousands of years. Most religions even Christianity has used them. I'm hope some of this info is usefull as I'm no expert on this as I dont use them to often anymore.

Re: Hand Seals!?!?!?!?!? - 11/02/04 03:27 AM

Thanx man your the best. That is really good advice.

Re: Hand Seals!?!?!?!?!? - 11/02/04 10:53 PM

Srry...but that 2nd "Thanx" was one too many. IS IT THAT HARD TO JUST ADD THE "KS"?????????????? Good god.
-BCM

Re: Hand Seals!?!?!?!?!? - 12/08/04 08:20 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by AgenT:
By hand seals I suppose you mean mudras or finger cuts. If so then a good place to start learning more about them is with the Ninjutsu Kuji in. Its not magic or anything that is against religion. I've found a lot of mental benifits from Kuji in. Like Rin is for strengh, Kyo is for channeling energy, Retsu is mastery of time and space. each hand seal is designed to condition you mentally in some way or another. the mind guides the body to condition the body one starts with the mind hand seals can aid in this if taught correctly.Hmm as far as the history I'm not sure never really researched it. I'm sure it dates back hundreds perhaps thousands of years. Most religions even Christianity has used them. I'm hope some of this info is usefull as I'm no expert on this as I dont use them to often anymore.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, you're absolutly wrong. They are not the seals used in Naruto, the seals used in Naruto are based on the Zodiac creatures, Nezumi (Rat) Usagi (Hare) Uma (Horse) Tori (Bird) O-ushi (Ox) Ryu (Dragon) O-hitsuji (Ram) Inu (Dog) Tora (Tiger) Hebi (Serpent) Saru (Monkey) Ousu-buta (Boar) and they are not used for meditation, they are used to perform ninjutsu.

Re: Hand Seals!?!?!?!?!? - 12/08/04 05:53 PM

In Buddhism, a full practice involves the three parts of being: body, speech and mind. Or to put it another way: deeds, words and thought. Sitting meditation can nevertheless employ all three, and even all three in each one of the three.

So a gesture (action) can express (communicate) an idea (thought). Likewise a mantra is an expressive action to embrace an idea. And an idea can be the visualization of an action and/or communication.

Please excuse the oh-so-very rough outline above. The point is to envolve the whole being, to be wholly envolved, in the meditation. Done in this way total concentration of thought, word and deed can be invested in an object (focus, topic, facet) of virtue.

One aspires toward a lofty evolutionary goal, revering both those who have attained and those who are going to (self included). One takes joy in the their and one's own attainment (including the incremental steps thereto).

One can make offerings by gesture, by speech and also by visualization. One can seek assistance in the same way. All this while sitting very nearly still and very nearly quiet.

Having evoked the closest approximation to the sublime that one is capable of for that sitting, rejoice in it, arise and carry that attitude into whatever remains of the day.

That anyway is how it works in many a Buddhist meditation. Some people try to make magic out of it. It seems almost like magic, or feels that way. But in truth it is just a spiritual tool/exercise/technique. You don't tap into 'external' energy. You don't draw 'out of the earth' (or anywhere else) you simply align the mind (which in Eastern terms includes the 'heart' or emotive qualities) into a harmonious pose.

And just like the MA poses which seem so contrived and awkward at first, the mind lerns through practice to slip into them quite naturally...such that they are no longer a 'pose' but a natural state.

Respectfully,

Gan Uesli Starling
Kalamazoo MI USA

Re: Hand Seals!?!?!?!?!? - 01/10/05 02:57 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by mastersasuke911:
Hello, I have a question. I want to know about hand seals.I am a naruto fan and sasuke and naruto use them and i want to know what they heck they are. When I meditate i used hand seals but my mom doesn't want me to because she thinks it could be something that defies christianity and some kind demonic signal. Or just something of another religion not based on christianity. I need help because I think there pretty cool. Also i need to know history of it (because i alreadsy know what they are for in naruto)and the point of it.
Thanx in Advance
[/QUOTE]

Hey i got this book called Ninja mind munipulation by ashida kim and it explains all of those things.
Naruto may be off a little but im not sure i read Naruto once in while, when ever i get a shonin jump.

here are the kuji-kiri or nine cutsa or if you like mudras( i dont call them mudras cuz its mudra comes from the hindus and i dont care for hindus!)

Chu
Shen
Kai
Tai
sha
jen
tung
hua
tao

those are the names

as for history they have nothing to do with satan!!My familys christian so i had to explain it to my mom.