Zazen meditation

Posted by: Anonymous

Zazen meditation - 09/16/04 05:40 AM

I have been looking into various meditation methods to assist in my training in aikido.

Does anyone here practice zazen meditation and if so will it help me with my training?

Thanks!

Re: Zazen meditation - 09/18/04 09:16 AM

Yes, I practice zazen meditation and it is my belief that it can have a tremendous effect on technique and mindset.

Zazan creates stillness of mind, which most traditional martial artists value greatly. It gives one an ability to contemplate his techniques in a clearer way during training and a mind like water. One with a mind like water can then proceed to react in the best way to any situation that may arise.

I also believe that zazen can produce harmony within the energies of the body, which promotes strength, reflexes, awareness, thought, and much more. An extremely old belief is that if you maintain this balance, you can avoid sickness as well.

So, according to many martial arts teachings; yes, it will help a great deal.
Personally, I encourage you to read a book on this subject and see for yourself how much it benefits you.

Re: Zazen meditation - 09/20/04 03:49 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tsuji:
Yes, I practice zazen meditation and it is my belief that it can have a tremendous effect on technique and mindset.

Zazan creates stillness of mind, which most traditional martial artists value greatly. It gives one an ability to contemplate his techniques in a clearer way during training and a mind like water. One with a mind like water can then proceed to react in the best way to any situation that may arise.

I also believe that zazen can produce harmony within the energies of the body, which promotes strength, reflexes, awareness, thought, and much more. An extremely old belief is that if you maintain this balance, you can avoid sickness as well.

So, according to many martial arts teachings; yes, it will help a great deal.
Personally, I encourage you to read a book on this subject and see for yourself how much it benefits you.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your reply Tsuji! That 's just what I'm after!

Re: Zazen meditation - 09/20/04 03:45 PM

Always happy to help.

I'm just glad to see that you seem to have a genuine interest in the Martial Arts. Keep training and do well.

Osu
-Tsuji

Re: Zazen meditation - 11/19/04 04:43 AM

I've been skimmimg through the posts and this one is very interesting. I've been wanting to know this for a while. So here's my question:
Exactly what is zazen meditation?
I mean, is zazen meditation different than zen meditation? Or are they both the same?
[IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/confused.gif[/IMG]
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

[This message has been edited by battousai_fan2000 (edited 11-19-2004).]

Re: Zazen meditation - 11/20/04 11:34 AM

zen meditation goes along with the religion of buddhism an confusianism.