meditating

Posted by: Anonymous

meditating - 08/16/04 07:14 PM

When I'm meditating often, I feel sort of tired/drowsy, it only lasts a few seconds though. Any ideas on what it is?

Re: meditating - 08/17/04 05:02 AM

what kind of meditaion you practice? it will help us to discuss whats happening to you. how long you meditate?

Re: meditating - 08/17/04 07:04 AM

Well, usually, not very long, only about 10 mins. And I just try to have chi build up in one spot.

Re: meditating - 08/17/04 10:50 AM

Where do you put your tongue during medidation? Also, do you practice lying down, sitting, standing up?

Posture can affect both the tension in your body and the ability for qi to flow freely which can cause you to feel more lethargic.

If you view qi as bioelecticitry and the body as having different circuits, placing the tongue on the roof of the mouth completes the circuit and allows for smooth flowing. If the tongue touches the teeth, this as a sort of grounding effect, and this energy leak can make you feel tired as well.

Hope this helps,
Ed

Re: meditating - 08/17/04 08:29 PM

Thanks for your help.

Re: meditating - 08/17/04 11:11 PM

thanks MrED. i also put my tounge in the roof of my mouth when practising. im also into tai chi and chi kung. thanks for the information. i didnt put emphasis on my tounge a lot, thanks for your info.

[This message has been edited by aLx (edited 08-17-2004).]

Re: meditating - 08/18/04 09:33 AM

Glad i could help. I struggled with this very same thing not too long ago. There is a nice spot right were the upper and lower ridges of the roof of the mouth curve together that the tongue can rest comfortably, after a little bit of getting used to it. If you are salivating more, then you know you got the right spot. Wait till you get enough saliva filled up and gently swallow it. The increase in saliva production is a biproduct of the circuit being connected properly

Ed