I HAVE AN URGENT QUESTION

Posted by: Anonymous

I HAVE AN URGENT QUESTION - 08/03/04 10:50 PM

ok well it would be nice if i got some fast answers here but anyway,

i would like to know some self healing skills, and live in a rural area. no stores close by other than a stop 'n shop and mcdonalds so i cant look for books. no places for meditational classes either. i am in a delemma here. please give me anywhere from tips on meditation to any 'techniques' for meditation to wat some things u think work well for many ppl during meditation. PLZ REPLY FAIRLY FAST!

Re: I HAVE AN URGENT QUESTION - 08/04/04 08:38 AM

Fairly Fast

Unfortunately it doesn't quite work that way. I have some (limited) experience with self healing in terms of getting over colds and minor infections, muscles pains/strains, etc..

I would like to disclaim here, that in emergency situations, seeking professional medical help is probably the best course of action.

For example, if i had the unfortunate mishap of cutting my arm, i'm gonna go to the doctor and get stitches. After the emergency part is over, THEN i will use qigong to accelerate the rehabilition/healing process.

Basically when you mediate, visualize the energy coming in to your dantien on inhale, and send it to the desired location upon exhale, contracting that area with your mind but not with your actual muscles. This needs to be repeated for at least 15 minutes, and requires levels of concentration that don't come without much practice. Also, while you may feel some tingling and activity during the meditation, for the healing to work, it takes time. Basically, i beleive you are using the qi (chi) to stimulate the blood flow to an area as well as stimulate hormone release which speeds up the the effects of the natural immune system. But, the results very by person and their level of concentration. Hope this helps and that everything is ok with you and your family

Sincerely,
Ed

Re: I HAVE AN URGENT QUESTION - 08/04/04 08:08 PM

ok ty, and srry the URGENT QUESTION part was for another post i was gonna make, FAIRLY FAST was just the thought of convenience by ppl replying fairly fast, so i added it. srry for that inconvenience.

but ty again ed, and this will help a lot. i meditate but have never really tried healing on any level.

ty again for the help,

MFTP

Re: I HAVE AN URGENT QUESTION - 08/19/04 08:59 PM

www.yoga-tibet.com

Check out the star exersise
www.yoga-tibet.com/starexercise.htm