what music do you listen to?

Posted by: Anonymous

what music do you listen to? - 05/25/04 09:25 AM

it would be interesting to discuss it on a fighter's forum.
plus this is the meditation/zen section and i thought i'd raise it to see if anyone was willing to bring forth their choices of what they listen to music wise.

[This message has been edited by because (edited 05-26-2004).]
Posted by: Isshinryukid4life

Re: what music do you listen to? - 05/26/04 06:28 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by because:
plus this is the meditation/zen section and i thought i'd raise it to see if anyone was willing to bring forth their choices of what they listen to music wise.

[/QUOTE] I'm assuming that your post has nothing to do with MA,& Therefore your post is Crap! [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/mad.gif[/IMG]
Posted by: Xacklir

Re: what music do you listen to? - 05/26/04 09:46 PM

Rock, Punk, Alternative, and Classical
so whats it got to do with MA?
Posted by: otobeawanker

Re: what music do you listen to? - 05/26/04 09:51 PM

While I workout I listen to alot of Bagpipes. For some reason that music gives me a lot of strength to push myslef. When I hear bagpipes I even get a small adrenallene shot. I prefer the Rouges of Scotland. Also alot of DMX motivates me when Im training. I think music is important because it distracts you from the pain and gets your jucies flowwing. Or else why would there be war songs. History has show most cultures have music to inspire them before and even during battle.

I don't think any question is stupid. Especially when it relates to combat in any way shape or form.

Good question.

edited for spelling

[This message has been edited by otobeawanker (edited 05-26-2004).]
Posted by: gokenki1

Re: what music do you listen to? - 05/26/04 10:30 PM

I sometimes listen to music during meditation,I prefer japanese bamboo flute.
Posted by: Dante Kazuma

Re: what music do you listen to? - 06/13/04 08:02 PM

punk, rock, rap, and game music. i find that listening to music while meditating is a good thing.

-Dante Kazuma, Ranger of the Takura Sugi
Posted by: schanne

Re: what music do you listen to? - 06/14/04 08:09 AM

Skakunachi........Traditional Japanese flute for Zen contemplation.
Posted by: pete

Re: what music do you listen to? - 06/14/04 01:37 PM

[/QUOTE]

Any that raises consciousness to allow music to express itself and not just "listen to" in a set and fixed way. Needs present awareness, and no wandering thoughts but to be at one with the music and react spontenaously with new inpirational movements that is free and flowing. Must be really hearing it as people have noticed how I become the dance.

Re: what music do you listen to? - 07/25/04 05:07 AM

i listen to techno while meditating...lol

Re: what music do you listen to? - 07/26/04 09:52 PM

while in meditaion? try chants and the methods of breathing music.

while not in meditation? punk rocks the best for me...

Re: what music do you listen to? - 10/01/04 10:26 PM

Relaxation is the key.. when you meditate your mind must not be distracted or the process will take longer.
Myself listen to rain, if you can get hold of an mp3 of relaxation rain it is ideal for this, even the odd thunder storm in it will unbalance the fluid sound but not distract you~

Re: what music do you listen to? - 11/14/04 01:00 PM

Gokenki
You said you listen to the Japanese bamboo flute. Probably for relaxation and meditation purposes. Anyways where can i find the flute music? Thanx

[IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/confused.gif[/IMG]
Posted by: schanne

Re: what music do you listen to? - 11/15/04 01:48 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by battousai_fan2000:
Gokenki
You said you listen to the Japanese bamboo flute. Probably for relaxation and meditation purposes. Anyways where can i find the flute music? Thanx

[IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/confused.gif[/IMG]
[/QUOTE]

Amazon.com is where I buy my books & music.

Re: what music do you listen to? - 11/15/04 06:58 PM

schanne,

Thanx! I really needed to know. I'm just starting to really get into meditation and music and incense are really helping me concentrate. Thanx again! [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG]

Aaron

Re: what music do you listen to? - 11/20/04 03:32 PM

Dragon: I feel that music with vocal lyrics could distract from the focus of the meditation. There are many zen meditation cd's and nature sound cd's that would provide a good meditation session.

Re: what music do you listen to? - 11/20/04 06:51 PM

i listen to slipknot but thats me usualy listen to music that describes how im feeling that day.

Re: what music do you listen to? - 12/14/04 08:31 AM

slipknot, good choice for the normal day but when meditating i dont listen to music since i find it too distracting, i like to clear my mind and this can be hard if your listening to music.

Re: what music do you listen to? - 12/16/04 08:18 AM

RAGING DEATH METAL!!! GORE!!! GORE-GRIND/GRINDCORE/DEATH/BLACK...not healthy [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

Re: what music do you listen to? - 12/17/04 08:57 PM

While im workin out i like to listen to some of kid rock's old stuff and a little linkin park, but sometimes i dont listen to music at all while im workin out, it just depends wat mood im in but when im not workin out i listen to the old classic/southern rock (Thorogood,Black Sabbath, ZZ Top,Skynrd, Led zeplin etc.)

Re: what music do you listen to? - 12/17/04 09:02 PM

While I'm workin out i like to listen to some of Kid Rock's old stuff and a little linkin park or korn, sometime i dont even listen to music while im workin out it just depends wat mood im in but otherwise I listen to suff like Lynrd Skynrd,Kid Rock, ZZ Top, Led Zeplin, Black Sabbath, AC/DC, George Thorogood, etc.

Re: what music do you listen to? - 12/20/04 02:39 AM

Yay, Kid Rock is the man!!!

Re: what music do you listen to? - 12/27/04 06:06 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Isshinryukid4life:

[/QUOTE] I'm assuming that your post has nothing to do with MA,& Therefore your post is Crap! [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/mad.gif[/IMG]

[/QUOTE]

you say his thread is crap...hm..why?...he mearly would like to know what people listen too while in meditation...to find peace of mind...which has alot to do with meditation... such a question is not crap..

Re: what music do you listen to? - 04/19/05 01:21 AM

music is essential to develop an atmosphere of calm, or perhaps something more intense while training. People should listen to anything that pumps them up for training or pacifies them for meditation. I listen to a range of music from piano concerts to sitar (sp?) when I'm meditating, things like Led Zepplin and Iron Maiden for steady conditioning, and a massive variety of absurd power metal and things of the like for bursts of intense limit pushing techniques and drills (power metal is PERFECT for weapon training too) This topic truly does have significance to martial arts because music has always been a part of motion since the friggin dawn of time

Re: what music do you listen to? - 04/19/05 01:37 AM

i find it hard to concerntrate with music while i meditate, so i usually just listen to nature...but during the day i listen to John Butler Trio

Re: what music do you listen to? - 04/19/05 05:55 AM

The Zendo doors have been breached. Quick, all fighting monks to the fore....hide the manuscripts...

Bagpipes, of course. Celtic Rock, Opera and Metal are standins. When I am mellow, real folk music (Scottish, Irish and Mountain).

Re: what music do you listen to? - 04/19/05 06:17 AM

music while meditating? I must be old fashioned, because I was even surprized when I recently heard people do kata to music.

while meditating, listen to your breathing without dwelling on the rythm...then try to hear your heartbeat. Then hear the silence.
Posted by: nenipp

Re: what music do you listen to? - 04/19/05 02:04 PM

Then hear the silence.

You mean sound of silence?

:o)

Re: what music do you listen to? - 04/19/05 02:08 PM

eeehh...when you put it THAT way, what I wrote does sound corney.

I meant, don't listen.

Re: what music do you listen to? - 04/19/05 02:20 PM

Who meditates? I thought the music was for battle!
Posted by: nenipp

Re: what music do you listen to? - 04/19/05 02:53 PM

Kintama,

actually you'r post didn't sound corny at all, it expressed your view clearly.
I was referring to the old Simon & Garfunkel classic (in a pathetic attempt to be funny)

Re: what music do you listen to? - 04/19/05 06:31 PM

Well alittle bit of this and that.....

*Inuyasha*

Re: what music do you listen to? - 04/19/05 11:07 PM

Punk rock, emo (yep I admit it), pop rock, classical, and I'm just starting to get into jazz/blues.

I think music is pretty applicable to the martial arts in an abstract way. Learning to groove is really hard when you play jazz or blues, and learning to "groove" in the martial arts is kind of the same way. It's almost something that can't be taught.

Re: what music do you listen to? - 04/19/05 11:38 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by nenipp:
Kintama,

actually you'r post didn't sound corny at all, it expressed your view clearly.
I was referring to the old Simon & Garfunkel classic (in a pathetic attempt to be funny)
[/QUOTE]

heh..I know, thats what made it sound corney.