zen in the wind

Posted by: student_of_life

zen in the wind - 03/23/07 08:27 AM

hey guys,

the first day of spring was yesterday and it was a miserable one where i'm from. infact the last month has been a bad one, constant grey weather rain and snow, and wet snow. a few things i never expected my life to turn over, a general bummer.

this morning i got up just after 5 am, and for one reason or another i got out of bed, got cleaned up, dressed and went for a walk in a beautiful park, and watched the sun rise. and sitting on a park bench, the only noise was the wind in the trees, and the most beautiful dawn i've ever seen broke right over a pond infront of me. and thinking about everything that the last few months has brought me, and what the next few might, it almost brought me to tears.

all dramatics aside, i find more peace in nature then anywhere else. im going to spend more time in that park, maybe pratice kanku dai to the sun rise, lol, wouldn't that be bad ass. i just wanted to share the little story with you folks.

im sure we all find our sanity in some place, how about you guys? where do you retreat to when you run out of motivation?

yours in life
Posted by: ButterflyPalm

Re: zen in the wind - 03/23/07 10:24 AM

Quote:

where do you retreat to when you run out of motivation

...I log onto FA.com....
Posted by: jkdwarrior

Re: zen in the wind - 03/28/07 04:21 PM

Long walks anywhere work for me, but i really like walks in the forests around where i live. It's such a peaceful place and i almost instantly feel deep happiness anytime i go there.

Re: zen in the wind - 03/29/07 01:07 AM

...found any Four-Leaf Clovers yet?
Posted by: harlan

Re: zen in the wind - 03/30/07 10:00 AM

You know....every time I see this thread...I think of a farting monk.

Re: zen in the wind - 04/02/07 07:33 AM

Quote:

I think of a farting monk.

"The reason why farts smell the way there do it's just so the deaf can enjoy it too"

A Deaf Monk.