If a teacher says something & nobody listens...

Posted by: Ronin1966

If a teacher says something & nobody listens... - 02/18/07 09:59 PM

The koan:

If Non-Sensei speaks but NOBODY listens, was anything actually said?

======
The end of a fairly large childrens class, moments after the class had been dismissed one of the instructors yelled "P-R-A-C-T-I-C-E" fairly loudly.... the same word used as far back as could be remembered.

Class was over... they were released and scrambling into their parents arms, their coats, boots, etc... one of the parents a good, honest man amused that none appeared to hear was compelled to ask the "koan" above...

My answer was laughter. What is your answer to this ~koan~...? If they do not hear the words, were they spoken?

Jeff
Posted by: ButterflyPalm

Re: If a teacher says something & nobody listens... - 02/19/07 02:03 AM

Quote:

What is your answer to this

7000 miles away, at that very moment, a grasshopper landed on a blade of grass.

Re: If a teacher says something & nobody listens... - 02/19/07 09:52 AM

Thank you...

When hungry just eat... (ie When leaving do not say important things...)?

Jeff
Posted by: BloomingLotus

Re: If a teacher says something & nobody listens... - 02/21/07 05:45 PM

hmm.. and if you understand hunger and how it is abated in what portion for how long and how long you think you plan to be hungry , and what and how much you can acheive in various measures of both states ( x amount of hunger for this thing or otherand this amount of satiation of that or other to the disclusion of whathaveyou ellse,..), does it make a difference what it is you eat in what portions when???

Re: If a teacher says something & nobody listens... - 02/22/07 01:08 PM

Hello Bloominglotus:

J

Re: If a teacher says something & nobody listens... - 02/23/07 04:42 PM

Do not say the "important" things to children's rear ends ? They tend to hear poorly...

Jeff

Re: If a teacher says something & nobody listens... - 02/24/07 12:12 AM

oh. . got that btw;) .

what would you suggest?.. could you wait and see what comes back maybe and work with that? .. ? Works for me so far anyway. .

BtL.

Re: If a teacher says something & nobody listens... - 02/27/07 04:12 PM

Hello Blooming Lotus:

<<oh. . got that btw;)

<<what would you suggest?..

That "wet clay" works best when worked with... They are on our proverbial wheel a very, very brief time. If they work on themselves they are easiler to work with when they return to this ~wheel~!

Jeff

Re: If a teacher says something & nobody listens... - 03/02/07 08:36 PM

partiiculy when you say stuff to them to leave on?? If they blow back on it, i think I tend to believe it'd been Nonetheless.
Posted by: Shadowtitan

Re: If a teacher says something & nobody listens... - 03/02/07 09:00 PM

Isen't this just like if a tree falls in the woods and nobody is around to hear it dose it make a sound...ahh philosophy isent it intresting? but dosent it sometimes blow your mind? like think about everything we know and how it could all easily be wrong becuse whats aculey correct is completly above our capabilities like feeling embarrased isent capable for animals.

Re: If a teacher says something & nobody listens... - 03/02/07 10:47 PM

er.. how's yes / no and whuuuuh??!? what's acuuly correct,.. just iis. okay. ! .

Btl.

Re: If a teacher says something & nobody listens... - 03/15/08 09:13 PM

The "ritual" was again repeated as it had been for years.

In the back of the room a young boy finished hugging his mother with all the love of a child and then turned smiling to the front of the room... his voice almost a whisper in the chaotic scramble for the sunny ~outside world~ said "yes sensei" and went on his way.

Jeff