maby my last post

Posted by: student_of_life

maby my last post - 05/11/06 01:20 PM

hey guys, i have to say i feel more comfortable posting here then anywhere else.

i just posted in the karate forum, concerning my previous posts,lol. and i kind of called out the people( no names) who beat me down in past posts, there were spelling mistakes i purposfully left in there and at the end i asked them to empty there cup. i beleive that people are focusing to much on tearing others down rather then building eachother up.maby in a way to make them selves look or more inportantly feel better about them selves. i try very hard to give advice when im asked and keep out when it's not my concern, and i try to look past minor errors people make daily and at a bigger picture, every one makes these tiny mistakes, and i feel that they are dwelled on far to much, to the point where they become detrimental. i feel thats what happend to me, i'm very well equiped emotionaly to deal with critisim and even abuse, but why should i have to be?

so, do you think that many people take "free shots" just to bolster an ego that they deny thay have?
bring on the accusations and what ever else you feel you want to say, i'm far more concerned with findout out the truth of the human condition then in being accosted over the internet.

yours, still in life.

ps: i never mean to offend, but impact is more then intent i'm afraid.
Posted by: Stormdragon

Re: maby my last post - 05/11/06 01:24 PM

I think your right. Many peopel do just that to bring you down to their level of insecurtiy. Although sometimes bringing someone down is warranted for good reasons but often, the way it is done shows more of insecurity and unhappiness with htemselves and things like that.
Posted by: harlan

Re: maby my last post - 05/11/06 01:30 PM

In my opinion, FA.com is much less rude and rowdy than other internet forums. You are, after all, looking to rub elbows with temperments interested in the martial arts (generally pragmatic and less interested in philosophical questions).

" i'm far more concerned with findout out the truth of the human condition then in being accosted over the internet."

As for truth, like a meditation teacher once said to me: Keep looking.

Re: maby my last post - 05/11/06 01:41 PM

i agree completly that this is an amazing forum, full of people who realy do know and love what they do,but my question was directed to the folks occupying the philosophical section of the forum. and thank you,i intend to keep looknig, weather it's on this forum or as i lie awake in bed or kiai-ing my heart out in class. i feel like i shuold say it again so you understand i apreaciate your response,thank you Harlan.
Posted by: SpeedyGonzales

Re: maby my last post - 05/11/06 07:26 PM

I know how you feel man, I was just deleted from a certain "other forum" which I won't name to show them the respect they never showed me.

If that's how you feel man, then I understand. But other forums are generally much more negative lately (is it the gas prices?)

Well I hope you stick around but good luck either way in your quest for truth, knowledge, wisdom, and understanding.

OSSU!

Re: maby my last post - 05/11/06 09:17 PM

ossu.
Posted by: BrianS

Re: maby my last post - 05/12/06 02:36 AM

student,
I've read the thread you are referring to and I sure didn't see anything worth leaving over. Don't stress too much over what the computer says to you,lol.

Stick around!

Re: maby my last post - 05/12/06 12:44 PM

Yeah, don't leave for something so small. You'll get that sort of thing everywhere a little bit, just shrug it off.

Re: maby my last post - 05/12/06 01:10 PM

Awwwww! forum hug!, thanks guys.

Re: maby my last post - 05/12/06 03:16 PM