Ways of meditation

Posted by: don_juan

Ways of meditation - 12/03/05 02:02 PM

Their are so many ways of meditation and i was wondering which is the best way to do it.
Posted by: nenipp

Re: Ways of meditation - 12/03/05 02:31 PM

I'm sure you're serious
Posted by: ButterflyPalm

Re: Ways of meditation - 12/03/05 09:55 PM

If any member of this Forum knows the 'best' way to do it, he/she won't be wasting his/her time and youth here making silly jokes and generally having a miserable time doing it.

But the best way to not do it is go looking for the best way, because there is no such thing.

Perhaps you meant what is the 'easiest' way; if so, the question is even more absurd -- see first sentence above and all the posts that will follow this one.

Re: Ways of meditation - 12/04/05 06:48 PM

well im sorry for asking such a absurd question, but a fool who nevers ask questions stay a fool. Its just that i read so many ideas on meditation and i dont know which one to do anymore. so im sorry if i offended you by asking this question.
Posted by: Ed_Morris

Re: Ways of meditation - 12/04/05 08:44 PM

the best way to 'do' it...is by not 'doing' it.

If you can sit for 10 minutes and only focus on your breathing...then you've reached the stage where you no longer need to ask this threads question.
Posted by: ButterflyPalm

Re: Ways of meditation - 12/04/05 09:00 PM

You failed the test.
Posted by: Mike_L

Re: Ways of meditation - 12/04/05 09:30 PM

Meditation is a personal journey that must be found on one's own. Forms in martial arts can be a moving meditation that can increase you MA skills,technique,power, and coordination while being an effective breathing exercise. But there is no "Best" way to meditate it must me felt pesonally. Forms is a meditation for me when I truly concentrate on the movements and nothing else while using breath control. I would recommend it to everyone.

Re: Ways of meditation - 12/04/05 10:13 PM

o now i see, thanks everyone for the info. i just read up on meditation, but i guess the best way to learn something is to let someone explained it.
Posted by: chickenchaser

Re: Ways of meditation - 12/06/05 09:29 PM

Quote:

o now i see, thanks everyone for the info. i just read up on meditation, but i guess the best way to learn something is to let someone explained it.

not best,just easiest.

Re: Ways of meditation - 12/07/05 07:50 PM

lol u are so right
Posted by: TeK9

Re: Ways of meditation - 01/05/06 02:35 AM

Some people like to be really mistyque with thier answers...don't you just love that...NOT.

I don't exactly know how to meditate, or for that matter know the best way. but I have red a couple books on it.

Try sitting down, doesn't have to be cross legged or anythng, just sit on a chair, steaighten your back and try to relax, some times it hels to focus on your breathing, notice how the air fills your lungs and diaphram (your belly). Don't pff up your chest when you breath, try to ignore your thoughts, acknowledge them but don't see them through try letting them pass. Let yor mind go.

These are just hits, they are not set in stone. But try some of them, see if they help.

p.s. all those rude and mystique remarks those guys said, I think basically they just want yo to do it, rather than dwell on how to do it. But I know how it feels when you ask a question and people get all shady on you. Good Luck

"Do or do no...there is no try"
Posted by: Ed_Morris

Re: Ways of meditation - 01/05/06 03:07 AM

even more shady than the 'mistyque' answers, are the ones where people give suggestions while at the same time admitting they don't know anything about it.
lol
kidding, I'm guilty of doing both.

you've got it as right as anyone though...just relax and ease breathing...keep doing it till you don't want to. meditation isn't for everyone, and there are other ways to have 'zen moments'.

Re: Ways of meditation - 01/05/06 03:57 AM

Okay I left myself open for a joke and it was at my own expense.

But I did say I have done research on meditation and zen, however, I'm just not very good with the actual practice, doesn't mean I cant give the person who is thirsting for knowledge some actual pointers.

"Do or do not..there is no try" -Yoda
Posted by: harlan

Re: Ways of meditation - 01/05/06 08:10 AM

Thank you all for your replies. I'm new to moderating, and really prefer not to have to do it...so would appreciate it if members would keep their 'tone' reflective and courteous.
Posted by: nenipp

Re: Ways of meditation - 01/05/06 04:17 PM

That didn't come close to needing moderation, did it?
(or did I miss something?)

Re: Ways of meditation - 01/06/06 09:30 PM

Thanks Tek9 and sorry harlan...But thanks every one for the replys and the good tips ^_^

Re: Ways of meditation - 01/18/06 03:09 PM

No need to moderate, I'm a big fan of Eds posts. I'm his fan, but he is my groupie lol.

kidding Ed