Don't grow up
Any more.

It takes a lot
Of slow
To grow.

-Eve Merriam
Posted by: JoelM

Re: A Lazy Thought - 08/19/05 12:56 AM

I think that meditation can be a good vehicle to slow ourselves as we become older. Take time to listen, learn, and grow.

We are never finished growing up, but we all stop growing up at one point or another.

It's time to start again.
Posted by: Cord

Re: A Lazy Thought - 08/19/05 05:36 AM

I went on patrol with a colleague the other night, and suprised him by stopping at a blackberry bush to pick myself a snack. This bush is not 6 feet away from one of the properties in our care, but he never knew it was there. Too busy looking at the building to see where he actually was. Me, I find the blackberries (and the victoria plumbs for that matter- he has never seen that tree either- doh!)
Posted by: flipsamurai

Re: A Lazy Thought - 08/19/05 05:49 AM

(not to sound rude of anything) wow, what a lazy thought. just reading it made me relaxed or i could be just tired because it's 2 am. i to think meditation is good for the mind and body.
Posted by: harlan

off for a lazy thought - 08/19/05 08:51 AM

Post deleted by harlan

Re: A Lazy Thought - 08/19/05 09:41 AM

Just to be clear, "A Lazy Thought" is the title of the piece.
Posted by: Kintama

Re: A Lazy Thought - 08/19/05 04:37 PM

I'm having a lazy thought right now...I'm envisioning a nap.

all's I need now are my milk and cookies...
Posted by: Bushi_no_ki

Re: A Lazy Thought - 08/20/05 06:15 PM

I forget which thread I recently saw this in, but here goes: I don't wanna grow up, I'm a Toys 'R Us kid....

Personally, I've heard the secret to longevity is to remember what fun is. Not fully growing up, in the sense that you don't give in to the hustle and bustle of life every day, keeps you young at heart.
Posted by: flipsamurai

Re: A Lazy Thought - 08/20/05 08:38 PM

sorry

Re: A Lazy Thought - 08/20/05 11:41 PM

Hey, no problem, man. I wasn't all that clear when I started it.

I took a walk through the woods today, that was a bit of slow that I enjoyed very much, first time in a long while for me, but it shall be repeated.
Posted by: Prometej

Re: A Lazy Thought - 08/21/05 09:30 AM

I would like to be Peter Pan