Meditation in the Tibetian tradition

Posted by: harlan

Meditation in the Tibetian tradition - 06/15/05 05:04 PM

If anyone here is following a Tibetian tradition, a PM would be appreciated (since I don't want to step on any Zen toes).

Thanks in advance.
Posted by: nenipp

Re: Meditation in the Tibetian tradition - 06/16/05 07:21 AM

This is meditation/zen, not exclusively zen forum, go ahead says I, what says mod?
Posted by: oldman

Re: Meditation in the Tibetian tradition - 06/16/05 09:24 AM

Harlan,
That shouldn't be a problem. It is a Meditation/Zen forum not a Zen Meditation forum. Thank you for your consideration though. This forum has challenges that others don't face very often. It is very hard to convey matters of practice from differnent perspectives without using religious or "spiritual" language. As long as what we share is shared respectfully, with the hope of educating and clarifying rather that protselitizing I think we can all benefit. Beside it is really a good exersize to convey important ideas while still adhereing to the spirit of the(FightingArts) law. I have been very pleased that over the last few months the people on this branch of the forum have done that admirably.

Re: Meditation in the Tibetian tradition - 06/16/05 10:07 AM

(Warning: the following material may be hazardous to your point of view, and may not be suitable for mass consumption.)

Yes, well "Meditation 101" might be okay...but not "Esoteric Aspects of Dream Yoga 565" or "Dzogchen, Rigpa and Death".

Re: Meditation in the Tibetian tradition - 08/17/05 11:42 AM

An online manual regarding meditation in the Tibetian tradition:

http://www.mahamudracenter.org/MMCMemberMeditationGuide.htm