Posted by: harlan

Re: Hypocrisy - 06/15/05 12:46 PM

Insanity
Posted by: MAGr

Re: Hypocrisy - 06/15/05 01:06 PM

"if you see the buddha kill the buddha"
Posted by: Kintama

Re: Hypocrisy - 06/15/05 02:39 PM

The ultimate Hypocrisy to a Zenist: Suicide.
Posted by: MattJ

Re: Hypocrisy - 06/15/05 02:54 PM

Not telling the truth or not acknowledging the truth?

Re: Hypocrisy - 06/15/05 02:56 PM

(Lightening strikes!) MattJ nails it. Simply is.
Posted by: MattJ

Re: Hypocrisy - 06/15/05 04:34 PM

*MattJ unconcious after being hit by a bolt of en-lightening-ment*
Posted by: wolfscalissi

Re: Hypocrisy - 06/15/05 08:46 PM

Quote:

"if you see the buddha kill the buddha"

this is hypocrisy? hmm what buddha would you kill. where would you find him to kill him. zen koans are anything but hypocratic. if you open your mouth to speak of it you are already drowning in delusion.

Trying to find a Buddha or enlightenment is like trying to grab space. Space has
a name but no form. It’s not something you can pick up or put down. And you certainly can’t grab if. Beyond mind you’ll never see a Buddha. The Buddha is a product of the mind. Why look for a Buddha beyond this mind? Bodhidharma

^gassho^

Re: Hypocrisy - 06/15/05 08:49 PM

Quote:

The ultimate Hypocrisy to a Zenist: Suicide.

who would be killed? who did the killing? is this killing the buddha? zen is a hammer to shatter our illusions. would you like one lump or two?

^gassho^

Re: Hypocrisy - 06/15/05 10:49 PM

Wolf...I was hoping you would give us the answer!

Re: Hypocrisy - 06/15/05 11:23 PM

Quote:

Wolf...I was hoping you would give us the answer!

well I thought I did. lets see I will go find some more "enlightenment" to step in..lol.

A special transmission outside the scriptures, not based on words or letters, a direct pointing to the heart of reality so that we might see into our own nature and wake up!

Bodhidharma

ok I'm going to point now . can you see it?

^gassho^

ps jump in the puddles. catch snowflakes on your tounge. count the stars in the sky. what does a pickle taste like anyway? (if you could see me smiling would it help?)

Re: Hypocrisy - 06/15/05 11:27 PM

now before we all get upset these are just the scriptures and quotes that are out there for all of us. have fun with it. Dont let the words close your mind. see my signature below

^gassho^
Posted by: eyrie

Re: Hypocrisy - 06/16/05 12:15 AM

The Zen master Mu-nan had only one successor. His name was Shoju. After Shoju had completed his study of Zen, Mu-nan called him into his room. "I am getting old," he said, "and as far as I know, Shoju, you are the only one who will carry on this teaching. Here is a book. It has been passed down from master to master for seven generations. I have also added many points according to my understanding. The book is very valuable, and I am giving it to you to represent your successorhip."

"If the book is such an important thing, you had better keep it," Shoju replied. "I received your Zen without writing and am satisfied with it as it is."
"I know that," said Mu-nan. "Even so, this work has been carried from master to master for seven generations, so you may keep it as a symbol of having received the teaching. Here."

They happened to be talking before a brazier. The instant Shoju felt the book in his hands he thrust it into the flaming coals. He had no lust for possessions. Mu-nan, who never had been angry before, yelled: "What are you doing!" Shoju shouted back: "What are you saying!"

Source: Zen Flesh, Zen Bones

Re: Hypocrisy - 06/16/05 01:20 AM

Hypocrisy is falseness.
Zen is maintaining a path to enlightenment.
Suicide is veering off a cliff to non-enlightenment.

therefore: Hypocrisy + Zenist = Suicide
Posted by: nenipp

Re: Hypocrisy - 06/16/05 07:16 AM

What's Zen to a hypocrate?
Posted by: schanne

Re: Hypocrisy - 06/16/05 04:49 PM

Have to agree with Matt, truth.

Re: Hypocrisy - 06/16/05 09:32 PM

hypocracy is living a lie even for non-Zenists.
Posted by: KiDoHae

Re: Hypocrisy - 06/16/05 10:10 PM

Quote:

What is Hypocrisy to a Zenist?

no such thing, it is what it is....
Posted by: Foolsgold

Re: Hypocrisy - 06/21/05 09:23 PM

Quote:

What's Zen to a hypocrate?

Find me someone who isn't to use as a reference and I'll find an answer for you.
Posted by: oldman

Re: Hypocrisy - 06/21/05 09:32 PM

"Let he who is without sin cast the first Koan".
Posted by: KiDoHae

Re: Hypocrisy - 06/21/05 10:51 PM

LO,Freak'n, L!!

That was funny Oldman.