Power of an idea

Posted by: alskef

Power of an idea - 05/25/05 05:06 PM

Using our mind

First, my language may not help me in this topic.. so please try to feel what I am writing as much as you can.

The mind is affected by our thoughts.. and affect our fact..
This is the basic point that we must always start from.
The fact you live is made by your though..John Kiho said...

So, why don't we supply our minds and consciousness by positive ideas? That will help us to change our fact and make it better.

The new science and philosophy says that the whole universe forms a network. The components of this network are packages of energy.. this energy may take many shapes like to be an object.
For example, stone is a condensation of energy pakages...

The point here is that an idea is one of the shapes the energy takes.
It's like a spark.. think more and the spark will get stronger. And that makes it more effective day by day.
The stronger spark will take a place of the weak one.
Because of that we meditate. To make our ideas stronger.
This way of meditate is called "confirmation of ideas".
When you repeat an idea more and more, it gets warmer (medically, it's a spark) and just when you rich this level your mind will lead you to achieve your point by getting the right steps.
And that's why your fact that you live is made by your thoughts.. and as it was said: "rich man get richer while poor man loses what he has"

I will continue and post an explaining if I find reply on my topic.
Posted by: harlan

Re: Power of an idea - 05/25/05 05:24 PM

I find your post interesting. You write very well in English, which I understand is not your native language.

You are talking about something that has many names. "Positivism' is one label. Think positive thoughts, create a vision of a better world, and that in turn feeds into a dynamic that spreads, gains strength and becomes a reality.

You are correct in that in one way, thoughts are real. Thoughts are a form of energy. But the Way of Meditation is to see those thoughts for what they are...as veils that we mistake for Original Mind. Confirmation of ideas is to acknowledge them and thereby release ourselves from their grip.

There is a saying: You must label something, give it a name, in order to understand it, and to control it. I think of meditative states and going in the opposite direction: give up trying to control, give up trying to understand, and finally release ones identification with labels.
Posted by: Kintama

Re: Power of an idea - 05/25/05 08:22 PM

I'd like to try to expand on this and see if it makes sense:

if the idea is 'perception is reality'...then changing your perception would change the reality.

It starts with awareness. then letting go of pre-conceptions and allowing new perceptions to form. To the individual, it changes reality...when done in large numbers of people, it changes the World.

If more people allowed themselves to accept other people's reality, peace would naturally grow thru understanding.

sadly, the world seems to be going in the opposite direction ...it seems the minority of people leading the way in the wrong direction have gold as their perception of what 'rich' is. They are not my leaders of perception.

but then again, according to their reality, they would consider me 'poor'.
Posted by: wolfscalissi

Re: Power of an idea - 05/25/05 09:15 PM

Poor is an idea, as is rich. neither are "correct. they are simply manifestations of the mind. we meditate to find our true selves behind(?) the mind. reality is as it is. my favorite example of this is : when it rains the ground gets wet. everything else is our false reality. positive affirmation (sic) is proof that we cant "think our way to better living. try to stand in front of a mirror, naked , and tell your self "i am a beautiful,strong, inteligent....yadda yadda yadda ...person. now try to do it without laughing

^gassho^

Re: Power of an idea - 05/26/05 01:49 AM

Do you know?
you seem that you know exactly what I am talking about.. may be you are interested in same kind of books I am reading right?
any way you're right
thank you all
Posted by: oldman

Re: Power of an idea - 05/26/05 11:24 AM

Quote:

Try to stand in front of a mirror, naked , and tell your self "i am a beautiful,strong, inteligent....yadda yadda yadda ...person. now try to do it without laughing.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Posted by: harlan

Re: Power of an idea - 05/26/05 11:38 AM

My favorite example of this is from a Native American tradition (I think pointed out by Lame Deer). Roughly, it goes:

You get up and it is sunny outside. The weather is 'good' and you are happy. The next day it rains. You are not happy because you think that the weather is 'bad'. Why is rain bad and sun good? They are neither. The day is the day, the weather is the weather.

Quote:

Poor is an idea, as is rich. neither are "correct. they are simply manifestations of the mind. we meditate to find our true selves behind(?) the mind. reality is as it is. my favorite example of this is : when it rains the ground gets wet. everything else is our false reality.

Posted by: Kintama

Re: Power of an idea - 05/26/05 01:13 PM

yes but Harlan, why do I have my heat on during the end of May? You might be wearing a scarf and Victor has probably fired up his wood stove. it's not good or bad, New England weather is just ...rediculous! lol

alskef: note the use of the word rediculous in this case.
Posted by: nenipp

Re: Power of an idea - 05/26/05 01:19 PM

Oldman, you sure are beautiful
Posted by: wolfscalissi

Re: Power of an idea - 05/26/05 01:57 PM

my wife thinks I am insane in here laughing like a mad man all by myself. thank you oldman that was great!

^gassho^

Re: Power of an idea - 05/26/05 02:17 PM

Quote:

yes but Harlan, why do I have my heat on during the end of May? You might be wearing a scarf and Victor has probably fired up his wood stove. it's not good or bad, New England weather is just ...rediculous! lol

alskef: note the use of the word rediculous in this case.

yes.. thank you my friend...
now, I know the use of this word