Speed Training?

Posted by: Anonymous

Speed Training? - 04/13/05 04:31 PM

What can I do to improve my speed in sparring and real fighting? I do not mean reaction time but moving faster. THanks for any replies

Re: Speed Training? - 04/18/05 04:02 PM

Pratice your moves as fast as u can wieghts on your body.Thats wha i do.

Re: Speed Training? - 04/20/05 02:47 PM

thanks for the reply

Re: Speed Training? - 04/21/05 06:23 AM

weights really don't help. I've mentioned this before on another post. what you should do is try to get rid of wasted motion. watch yourself when you perform a move, and try to cut down on the time it takes to act it out. try to get as less movement as you can. when you practice watch what you do and ask yourself is that necessary or can i get rid of it. Or if you believe that your telegraphing something, try to minimize that. ie, do you dip your shoulder, or raise your arm before striking. You just gotta watch yourself and mkae sure you are using as little movement as possible with as much force as possible.

Re: Speed Training? - 04/22/05 09:38 PM

weights really don't help
Why do your you say that they don't. I'v done an experemenr for just 4 months, to see how much training with weights on your body increases your speed. I went from .345secs to .297secs(punching speed).

Re: Speed Training? - 04/26/05 06:22 AM

you see if you hold weights in your hands you are working the shoulder, but the weight is directed down, your should works to keep it up, but not to punch it. the weight does not resist the path of the punch, it simply resists you holding the weight up. and how exactly do you measure your fist speed anyways. and i am not sure your fist speed is fast or not compared to anything. i mean .34 or .29 looks good on paper but that could be slow compared to the average. and how many punches do you do? was it a jab? straight punch? hook? uppercut?? and what device measures the speed of your hand. also were you hitting anything or was it just air.