Training for the street

Posted by: Anonymous

Training for the street - 09/29/04 04:17 PM

I am currently kickboxing right now have had boxing and ju-jitsu experience.

These are my main aspects of my backround.

But Ive mixed up my training a bit:
My punchs puts the full body into it like a boxing punch although I also train elbows and palm heel strikes.

no Knees

My round house kick is geared to the muay thi version while I still practice front kicks, side and front round kicks.

I also now some wrestling. not allot a little

does enybody ells have wierd training like this....
Posted by: otobeawanker

Re: Training for the street - 09/30/04 05:43 AM

What your doing isn't wierd at all. Its commendible really. I am a firm believer in Mixed Martial Arts. So keep it up and good luck.

Oh by the way, try and have three gear settings for your hand strikes.

FAST - not pulling your hands all the way back to your face before throwing them out again. Short choppy strikes.

Normal - One hand tight to the face at all times, roll the shoulder high on the punching arm to protect the chin on that side, and don't throw the next punch out until the hand you just punched is all the way back, normal leg and boddy rotation as well.

full - same as normal, but with full follow through of the arm, so after this punch your arm will hang out there a second, in this one its the leg work thats different mostly. example, if throwing the back arm, step 45 degrees outside with the lead foot, once that foot is planted, full body rotation, and your hand just flies forward from your cheek. with this punch you want to step beside even slightly behind them with your lead foot, basically you want to move straight through them with this one, close enough that your shoulder would hit them in the face if you didn't have an arm. and extend right through them,

the full should be used after a combination, not as a single direct attack. it works well with a jab first, that way your foot moves on the jab, land the jab before your lead foot touches the ground, then plant it quickly and follow with the full cross,

Re: Training for the street - 10/09/04 04:17 PM

haey!!
lol i like ur style ! deadly!
mine is almost the same! i do kung fu , with jiu jitsu. kickboxin, aikido wing chun lol a lot eh?????

Re: Training for the street - 10/15/04 07:36 PM

Thanx

Re: Training for the street - 10/17/04 05:27 AM

I think your approach to training is commendable. As a practitioner of mixed martial arts i too train in several styles. However i dont limit my training to just one style per day. i strive to incorporate as many styles as i can in each training session as to see what works together and what doesnt. hope this helps.