Fists of steel?

Posted by: Anonymous

Fists of steel? - 09/17/04 04:31 PM

I want a strong as possible nuckles, so they will do maximum damage on the street.

From reading other subjects I see you can creat mini fractures on your shins to make them very dense( or somthing like that)

The thing is the knuckles seem more like large tendons(I observed) and you cant fracture tendons

(note: ive ben diong heavy bag work for about 4 years and my wrists and (calaused) knuckles are very strong I just want to go the next level if possible.)
Posted by: UKfightfreak

Re: Fists of steel? - 09/20/04 08:02 AM

I would just go with palm strikes - as (hopefully) you will be avoiding street encounters as much as possible and so deforming your hands is not much use to you.

Even if you stick with fists a little bare knuckle bag training should do you.

Re: Fists of steel? - 09/20/04 03:17 PM

ok, Thnx

Re: Fists of steel? - 09/20/04 03:35 PM

my teacher always says hard on soft and soft on hard. fist to stomach (and areas alike) and palm strike to head.

Re: Fists of steel? - 09/21/04 06:26 PM

he,he how bout this:a plalm to the forhead will not do as much damage as a conditioned fist to the head(exept for the shock effect). It will often result in a MAJOR cut if executed with power and technique. so I dont use palms in my arsinal, im all fist, foot and elbows.

hows that for tough knuckels and strong wrists?

Re: Fists of steel? - 09/26/04 05:55 AM

i've been doin bareknuckle bag work for a long time, not sure how long really maybe 8 months. I can hit my heavy bag(80lbs) as hard as i want and my knuckles are fine. my left hand middle knuckle is twice as big as my righ hand middle knuckle. Thats about all that has happened, i have full dexterity in my fingers. I even broke the metal hook that was holding the bag once, than i got a bigger hook.

one more thing, i also posted this in the "knuckles" thread:
But under no circumstances should you start hitting the heavy bag without wraps. I made that mistake. my hands were cut up so bad, by the fifth day, if i tapped the bag and thats super light tap, my hands would start flowing with blood. hten i bought the wraps and now my hands and tough but ultra sensitive at the same time. scars hurt. but i can hit really really really hard adn my hands are fine now. oh ya and if you plan on bareknuckling the bag than plan on breaking your hands a few times or more. you'll probably be able to touch a couple knuckles and feel a grinding in your knuckles as you open and close your hand. ya, then its probably broken

[This message has been edited by Legend of the Hungry Wolf (edited 09-26-2004).]

Re: Fists of steel? - 09/26/04 07:04 PM

hmmm.. harsh.

Re: Fists of steel? - 10/04/04 01:19 PM

Im am Iron Fist, You can start by punching wood 100 time soft everyday, or punch until it hurts, The goal is to slowly condition your fist, or if you wish the recipe is to just break the knuckles and then form your knuckle back to almost look normal, Karate Master's old way was to break both punching knuckles then form them together creating a brick look on your hand but, then you jeperdise stealth and your fist will look like a weapon, I chose to break my knuckles then form them back to look normal. Save one hand for the ladies, you really only need one Iron fist.

Re: Fists of steel? - 10/04/04 02:23 PM

Hey, man I dont know about you but If you break your knuckles on porpose and then heal them and stuff

YOU...ARE...WEIRD

Your right but how would you break and then fuse your Knuckles?
How would they become a "Brick"?
I think fused Knuckles would look deformed
I think that would start to hurt after a while.
you are a wierd man.
How old are you?

Re: Fists of steel? - 10/09/04 08:49 PM

hes not weird!
its true im a kickboxer and i have brick shins , i have broken my leg a lot and fractured my legs they hget harder to become deadley. i was in a fight in scool and i kicked the gy tried to grab my leg and i broke his hand and wrist!!

Re: Fists of steel? - 10/11/04 02:06 PM

need4speed

You have brick shins.
well thats not the kind of "Brick" I was talking about.
The brick Ajacks was talking About was mauling and deforming your knuckles so they look like a brick.

Man you would have some serious arthritise when you get older.

need4speed You have a broken the kids wrist becuse...
1.) your a kick boxer
2.) have stong powerful legs
3.) Youve probobly kicked 100000 times in your life
4.) Can break 2x4s with kicks
and finaly 4.)The kids wrist was weak or he lacked calcium.
You do not have the brick I was looking for.
what your reffering to is shin conditioning.

hey need4speed can I break your shins to turn them into a brick?

Yea, thought so.

Any way I think Turning my fist into a brick looking thing would be illogical. I like the nice calloused, Jaggedy Knuckes I have right now.
(Splits the skin on the face real nicly.)

Wait, wait not done yet
If you break your Knuckles and they heal, the bones in your hand will harden not the tendons. Which thats what the Knuckle is, a big tendon coverd with skin and I think if you break a tendon it will become weaker (Split+heal= weak link in the tendon, Right?)
If im wrong that The Knuckle is a tendon correct me.

Re: Fists of steel? - 10/11/04 10:29 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rock_fght:
need4speed

You have brick shins.
well thats not the kind of "Brick" I was talking about.
The brick Ajacks was talking About was mauling and deforming your knuckles so they look like a brick.

Man you would have some serious arthritise when you get older.

need4speed You have a broken the kids wrist becuse...
1.) your a kick boxer
2.) have stong powerful legs
3.) Youve probobly kicked 100000 times in your life
4.) Can break 2x4s with kicks
and finaly 4.)The kids wrist was weak or he lacked calcium.
You do not have the brick I was looking for.
what your reffering to is shin conditioning.

hey need4speed can I break your shins to turn them into a brick?

Yea, thought so.

Any way I think Turning my fist into a brick looking thing would be illogical. I like the nice calloused, Jaggedy Knuckes I have right now.
(Splits the skin on the face real nicly.)

Wait, wait not done yet
If you break your Knuckles and they heal, the bones in your hand will harden not the tendons. Which thats what the Knuckle is, a big tendon coverd with skin and I think if you break a tendon it will become weaker (Split+heal= weak link in the tendon, Right?)
If im wrong that The Knuckle is a tendon correct me.
[/QUOTE]

Knuckles have tendons and bones in them. Lots of little bones and lots of tendons. Breaking your hand over and over again is BAD, DO NOT DO THIS. It can permently cripple your hand and Drs. cant do much for you. Also you can end up having enlarged knuckles and alot of sensitivity in your knuckles. I repeat if you intentionally break your knuckles you will regret it every day after you do it for the rest of your life. Feel free to do any other knuckle conditioning but not breaking them. Need4Speed sounds like hes 10 and doesnt know what hes talking about at the moment.

Re: Fists of steel? - 10/12/04 10:54 AM

I molded my knuckle back to look like a normal knuckle, but it's a conditioned fist , My masters knuckle is friggin huge and scary, and trust me you do not want to get hit with it. If you do not have a master to guide your ways with the iron fist then I suggest to find one first,
Remember this is what I chose to do and I do have ache's in my hand sometimes, but then so do my knees, back, wrists and elbows,
I chose to be hard as steel their are consequenses so be-aware, my weapons Iaido and Kabudo master RIP, said todays day people have guns so the need for Iron hand is not that nessesary and he warned us of the consequences, I dont regret it at all and I still condition my hand to this day.

Football player's have back and knee problems for years of abuse, base ball pitchers have bad shoulders or elbows, hockey players have bad knees or ankles, Us as warriors have our issue's, bad knees, arthritus, bad backs, bad elbows, with esentric's minds, I am weapon and choose to be. Do what you want, But I have no regret. The bible does say to bang your body, so bang away.

Re: Fists of steel? - 10/14/04 01:39 PM

well Jack thats because your old, yep
with old age comes bad knees, back, wrists and elbows.
and with deformed Knuckels comes hand aches

Re: Fists of steel? - 10/17/04 10:27 AM

Just as a note about the "street" element, as "UKfightfreak" says, try and use palm strikes if possible. Not only do you transmit force that would be lost in the wrist joint, it leaves no marks on the hand, and if you get pulled up in front of a magistrate or whatever it could be critical to getting off (the police dont tend to like anyone fighting on the street, defence or not!)

Re: Fists of steel? - 10/20/04 01:41 PM

What, so your saying that palms are stronger?

Re: Fists of steel? - 10/20/04 03:40 PM

They are trying to say that you are less likely to do damage to yourself (i.e. "fight bite") with a palm strike than you are with a regular punch. Besides, you can condition a palm strike just as you can condition a regular fist.

Re: Fists of steel? - 10/22/04 01:29 PM

Yes Iron fist is just not the fist, It's conditioning of the finger tips, knife hand, palm strike, hammer fist, back fist, back of the wrist bone, slaps on both sides, ridge hand...I train it all, shins, ribs, inside and outside forearms, outerlegs, solar plex and more.

I train for myself and no one else, I choose the Iron Body, and condition my self. You choose your path your way, and if your way is soft style then you need not to condition. I am crazy/weird so whatever but, arnt all seasoned instructors?

Here is a stroy from a master with Iron Fist not me. A master was challened by a guy who stongly wanted to fight in a parking lot over a space. The Iron fist Master Rocked him between the eyes on the forehead only once. The guys remark was hands up in a defensive posture" I dont wanna fight Please dont hit me again"

Re: Fists of steel? - 10/22/04 05:45 PM

no, I am not soft. (softer than you, but not soft)

Now that ive mad that point. What about mike tyson. Hes probobly tougher than you. Iron fist is onely one aspect of martial arts that is focoused on. like werestling and boxing are good examples. Do you do eny skill related training, Jack.

How do you train in iron fist that would make it better than plain old "getting beat up in a boxing ring and toughining you up"
could you survive longer than mike...oh, wait how old are you. if your 38 and up your definitly in no shape to get a head jarring. even if your body is hard.

I heard iron fisters meditate too.
Hey, is there an iron face somewhere out there? [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]
How old are you?????
You sound wise, are you wise? do you have a life like normal people? are you an instructor? Do you have a job? Do you live in japan? (seriously)
I saw on the TV that there is still people in japan that beat eachother up with sticks and do that iron body thing your talking About.

also the guy that wanted to fight that instructour... was a wuss.
If I was to fight an iron fister I would go for his face and nuts, plain and simple.

would you call yourself a master to, at your art?

I also admire that your not flaming me back as I make fun of you. Thats cool, you dont get angry.

Re: Fists of steel? - 10/25/04 06:49 AM

[QUOTE] also admire that your not flaming me back as I make fun of you. Thats cool, you dont get angry[/QUOTE]

We boil at different degrees.
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson.

[This message has been edited by coxne (edited 10-25-2004).]

[This message has been edited by coxne (edited 10-25-2004).]

Re: Fists of steel? - 10/25/04 09:43 AM

I call my self no master,
I am a student prationer of Martial combat. Im an old school thug that found martial arts and I now teach what I've been blessed to learn. I practice Iron fist, I train & teach our core arts of Combat Hapkido, Korean Kukkiwan Taekwondo & Golden Dragon Kung Fu. We spar Gentlemens rules in our school, Sometimes its full contact sometimes not. Blood, Sweat and Tears is what were all about.
I have studied and dabbled my mind and body to many avenues of combat, boxing, kick boxing, Kuntao, Silat, AkiJutsu, Jujitsu, Iaido, Kabudo, Karate, and competed in Ultimate fight in Canada, and Grappling Trounament's hear in the states, and I have had my bell rung plenty of times from the many street fights ive been into, sparring in class, and competitions as well.
As far as Iron fist goes it's just another weapon to my arsonal. Im only 27, I concider my self not normal but crazy & Little essentric.
I live somewhat of norm life, after all this is america, and I can not afford to to teach and train all day. I have Wife - two kids, work till 8am-3pm Then walk over to my school, Train & Teach from 4pm -10 at night, Mon-Thurs and Kung Fu on Sat.
Just Remember the better most conditioned man will win regardless of training or back ground. & I will remember you when the next time you ask for advice.

Re: Fists of steel? - 11/19/04 11:25 PM

gday all
just a note on fists vs palm strike.
there is something like 27 bones in the hand some of which cannot be conditioned. if you punch something hard enough, you will break something. these bones also serve to soften the impact like a shock absorber. A conditioned palm is very hard to break and has very mibnimal loss of force

Re: Fists of steel? - 11/20/04 06:20 AM

Having callouses on your knuckles is irrelevent in a fight

makiwaras and bags are not there to make them but develop body alignment

makiwaras by the way will give you premature arthritus

do you need to f*** your body up for a fight that will in all probability never come?

MF

Re: Fists of steel? - 11/22/04 01:51 PM

Dragon: Dear ironpalm,
Do you mind sharing with me your palm training methods? I'd be extremely grateful

Re: Fists of steel? - 11/27/04 12:16 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ajacks:
Im am Iron Fist, You can start by punching wood 100 time soft everyday, or punch until it hurts, The goal is to slowly condition your fist, or if you wish the recipe is to just break the knuckles and then form your knuckle back to almost look normal, Karate Master's old way was to break both punching knuckles then form them together creating a brick look on your hand but, then you jeperdise stealth and your fist will look like a weapon, I chose to break my knuckles then form them back to look normal. Save one hand for the ladies, you really only need one Iron fist.[/QUOTE]

will punching wood actually work

[This message has been edited by battersup2 (edited 12-22-2004).]

Re: Fists of steel? - 11/29/04 11:10 AM

I think I should state that Ajacks is NOT a profesional or a Dr. and should not be handing out such dangerous and clearly false advice. I dont know if you belive this BS that you spew, or are a troll, but I repeat DO NOT listen to him, he speaks idiocy. This iron hand thing is total BS you cannot break bones in your hand and then manually put them back in place and have a stronger fist. The hand is a delicate complex structure that took millions of years to develop, dont ruin yours.

If you need a hand of iron do safe and reasonable conditioning. Do finger pushups, this will make your grip so strong it wont lossen with impact and minimalize injury

[This message has been edited by Hunter (edited 11-29-2004).]

Re: Fists of steel? - 11/29/04 12:42 PM

Hunter....

Beleive what you will, Im not here to argue, I spit no BS !

They asked for advice I gave what was passed to me. I never told them to go break their hand, I explained to slow condition softly 100 times a day, knuckles, finger tips, ridge hand, hammer fist, palm strike, back fist, etc...and gave info on what I and masters before me have done.

And yes you can break your knuckles and form the Calcium that replenishes the bone. I have seen my masters knuckle, I have seen it happen in class with another student who punched a brick wall in anger a bunch of times, my master then molded his knuckle, this guys knuckle is bigger than mine today. I have been taught it, and have done it my self and still conditioning to this day.

So whatever dood's or dudette's dont listen to me since Im BS, Listen to your paper tigers.

You Train you I'll Train me

Re: Fists of steel? - 11/29/04 09:44 PM

You know, the japanese belived, that swift movements and proper technique could win over power any day.

By worrying about building up muscles, and breaking your knuckles(i have never broken a bone) just to get extra strength you forget what martial arts is about. It is about learning proper technique, and self control, not to mention disciplened. Breaking your Knuckles on purpose just to toughen them up is Niether Disciplined, or self control.
Want srong bones? !CALCIUM!

[This message has been edited by NeoSaturn (edited 11-29-2004).]

Re: Fists of steel? - 12/04/04 10:31 AM

Jeez jack's gettin burned.

For now, I dont know what to say.

Jacks a troll, or telling the truth?
hmmmm...

Re: Fists of steel? - 12/06/04 07:08 AM

Like I said...

You Train you and I'll Train me.

Why dont you do some research before you spill your mouth talking about what you may not beaware of.

[This message has been edited by Ajacks (edited 12-06-2004).]

Re: Fists of steel? - 12/06/04 04:05 PM

Jesh, jack, harsh words. Did enybody realize this is totaly off topic?

Re: Fists of steel? - 12/06/04 04:35 PM

To bring this back on topic, Get a bag of mung beans and some dit da jow. Progressivly strike the bag harder with all parts of the hand until it hurts, then back off just a little and do it at that strength for 20 minutes. Apply the dit da jow to the affected area and continue for several months.

Don't try to break your knuckles and reform them. That is stupid. i know from experience. I have a "brick fist" and it sure aches like hell when it starts raining, lol. Besides, I used to break bricks and boards and all that stuff, then my "brick fist" punched it's way through my tendon, lol. Trust me, you don't want to feel that.

Open hands are effective. If you don't believe me, come over to my place and I'll teach you the power slap, lol. What about knife hands? Have you ever heard of the crane's neck? It is a very powerful open hand Kung Fu technique (I can break a brick with it). But if you are really that attached to you fists, try using hammer fists instead, they cause very little damage to your hand.

Re: Fists of steel? - 12/06/04 11:38 PM

The reason I fumed over what Ajacks has said is because people read these some times and take stuff on it very seariously, and try drek like hes saying. You will hurt yourself you will cripple your hand like this.

I think the mod should deleat this thread for this reason.

Re: Fists of steel? - 12/07/04 05:17 PM

Isent a cranes neck a strike with the tips of the fingers, when there bunched up. You can break a brick with that?! You mush have strong fingers I wouldent try it.
As for power slap I never heard of it. its probobly like a jaguar paw strike.

Re: Fists of steel? - 12/08/04 06:21 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rock_fght:
Isent a cranes neck a strike with the tips of the fingers, when there bunched up. You can break a brick with that?!
[/QUOTE]

No, that's a spear-hand. I wish I could break a brick with my spear-hand, lol.
The crane's neck uses a fluid wave of energy up the arm and connects with the back of the wrist (with the hand still open). Through sheer dynamics it hits with a lot more force than you actually put into it.

Re: Fists of steel? - 12/16/04 10:17 PM

I didn't read through the entire list of posts (that mother is long!) but did someone mention Dit Da Jau? (not sure on the spelling) In mandarin it translates into "hit and fall lintement". The chinese use this for thier iron body training to prevent arthritis and complications. It's basically an herbal linement that takes 3 months to make, and basically it's the bacteria in the fermenting process that is absorbed by your skin and tendons. It speeds up the healing process so you can blasting away at bricks everyday and not have to worry about complications when you're older. However, make sure you don't buy it on the market. That stuff is crap. Find a kung fu school near you and ask them to make it for you, or just contact me since i know someone who makes it. Plus, you need instruction on how to apply it, becuase if you do it wrong you could lose your hand or even your arm due to infections. My finger was swollen due to a match, and one Sifu applied tiger bone Jau on my hand, and the swelling stopped. I'm not saying this is a miracle ointment, and some types of Jau work better on some people for unknown reasons. Do your research, and find out more about it if you're interested in iron body training.

Re: Fists of steel? - 12/25/04 03:46 AM

ONLY a professional should be doing this!!!(should not be handing out such dangerous and clearly false advice. I don't know if you believe this BS that you spew, or are a troll, but I repeat DO NOT listen to him, he speaks idiocy.) This I can assure you is the truth - if you want to end up with arthritis, by all means continue abusing your hands.
(This iron hand thing is total BS you cannot break bones in your hand and then manually put them back in place and have a stronger fist. The hand is a delicate complex structure that took millions of years to develop, don't ruin yours.) Do not I repeat DO NOT break the bones in your hand on purpose!! and expect major complications learning from a master if you do. You show your immaturity by questioning people with such STUPID ideas. If you are going to learn an art PLEASE by all means LEARN IT !! Take these questions to your local Master - not here to the lunatic ravings of someone trying to cut the learning process and get to a processed point that takes years to master. I am a woman and a nurse I can tell you horrible injuries I have seen over the years to hands - and once you mess up the bones THEY DO NOT REPAIR. There is no miracle cure for the pain of arthritic hands,
unless you want to forecast the weather before the 6 o'clock news. I can appreciate anyone who wants to improve their body and mind. Fist of steel - are a concept. To be able to throw a devastating blow, I do agree with the writer above that states.......
(If you need a hand of iron do safe and reasonable conditioning. Do finger pushups, this will make your grip so strong it wont lessen with impact and minimalise injury)....minimalism....the idea of this training is to condition your body to react and strike defensively. I do not believe in any part of your training does anyone tell you to destroy your body (Hand here) to make it more powerful. Listen to the Masters that know. Not the ramblings of a child on a message board trying to be a part of a group he thinks is cool. Not cool to break your hands, not cool at all. There are many specific exercises that can be done to improve hand muscle strength.
And to the one fellow.....I will be seeing you in the emergency room. you will be the one with numbness and tingling sensations - and lack of blood flow to body parts. As far as holding a girls hand, try telling her you break your bones on purpose...see how long she holds on.
I wish you vitality, prosperity and good old fashioned strong healthy conditioned bones. Please don't break your bones anymore.
Ajacks IS NOT a professional.

By the way your little message board here has made it to the emergency room at our local hospital. There are quite a few surgeons that are eager to speak with you and your parents Rock_fghtMember , we'll leave the light on for 'ya. I found your thread here looking up new medications for boxers with severe arthritis.

Re: Fists of steel? - 12/28/04 12:13 PM

He, he ok jacky o buddy old pal i belive she just exposed you [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG]

Quote; (Endorfin)

----(This iron hand thing is total BS you cannot break bones in your hand and then manually put them back in place and have a stronger fist. The hand is a delicate complex structure that took millions of years to develop, don't ruin yours.) Do not I repeat DO NOT break the bones in your hand on purpose!! and expect major complications learning from a master if you do. You show your immaturity by questioning people with such STUPID ideas. If you are going to learn an art PLEASE by all means LEARN IT !! Take these questions to your local Master - not here to the lunatic ravings of someone trying to cut the learning process and get to a processed point that takes years to master.----

whoohoo!! girl nurse power!!! [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG]

Quote; once again Endorfin

----And to the one fellow.....I will be seeing you in the emergency room. you will be the one with numbness and tingling sensations - and lack of blood flow to body parts. As far as holding a girls hand, try telling her you break your bones on purpose...see how long she holds on.
I wish you vitality, prosperity and good old fashioned strong healthy conditioned bones. Please don't break your bones anymore.

Whooohoooo!!! more girl power!!! got a laugh from that one. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG]

Heres the killer
Quote; the executor Endorfin

-----Ajacks IS NOT a professional

lest here that again shall we [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG]

Ajacks IS NOT a professional
[IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG]
Ajacks IS NOT a professional!!!!! [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG]

OOOooooo!

Hear that mates jack is a bloody lier!!
This makes me sooo sad. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/rolleyes.gif[/IMG]

sorry but the nurse made me think your a troll. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG]

She makes more sense than you.

Quote;
-----By the way your little message board here has made it to the emergency room at our local hospital. There are quite a few surgeons that are eager to speak with you and your parents Rock_fghtMember , we'll leave the light on for 'ya. I found your thread here looking up new medications for boxers with severe arthritis.----

He, har, har, yea right, if you where looking up new medications with sever boxers arthritis you wouldent be looking for the kid that started a thread that broke a bunch of (stupid) peoples hands, which by the way was Jacks idea, and ya cant kick me off or enything because Endorfin's just a member,
so...Did you become a member just so you could tell jack and I... er, just jack, how stupid our.. er, his hand breaking thingy was.
make the surgens read this thread and tell' em they can kiss my tushi. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/tongue.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/tongue.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/tongue.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/tongue.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/tongue.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/tongue.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/tongue.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/tongue.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/tongue.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/tongue.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/tongue.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/tongue.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/tongue.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/tongue.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/tongue.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/tongue.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/tongue.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/tongue.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/tongue.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/tongue.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/tongue.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/tongue.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/tongue.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/tongue.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/tongue.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/tongue.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/tongue.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/tongue.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/tongue.gif[/IMG]

Re: Fists of steel? - 12/28/04 01:15 PM

Dude make more sense when you type, and refrain from all the smilies.
Posted by: karate-do

Re: Fists of steel? - 12/30/04 10:56 PM

Id like to mention that i have been conditioning my hands for around a year now with substantial results using an iron palm method please dont confuse iron palm with lies of deliberately breaking and molding your hand this is lunacy and ofcourse a dangerous thing iron palm doesnt involve hurting yourself or creating calouses hurting yourself or causing calouses are a sign of inproper training and result in you needing to take days away from practice because of the self harm caused
I do believe it is necessary to condition the fist as it is a method of striking heavily used in my art and for the reason that it is much more destructive than a palm, yes a palm distributes the force better and more directly but because the knuckles have a far smaller surface area than a palm the pressure is much greater, in short iron palm is a method for you to REDUCE harm to yourself by greatly increasing the strength of your hand so that you will not break your hand if your required to use your fist.

Re: Fists of steel? - 12/30/04 11:09 PM

responding to roc fight's first post:
the bones in the body are supplied with blood by capiliaries in order to grow and maintain themselves conditioning the hands causes fractures on a very tiny scale, ones that are miniscule and you cannot notice,(im not talking about cracking your hand and mashing it into a cube like other fools have described above by this) this increases the density of the bone as the body deposits calcium to mend the small fractures and the hand will develop more capiliaries to supply the bone, conditioning the hand isnt something you can do for a year to get the strength you want then leave it as the capiliaries will waste away when theyre not required leaving you with as many as you started with and since the bone is then not being fed anymore than it was originally its density will decrease back to the original amount, all this takes place underneath the tendons and not damaging them in the process, to my knowledge you could only damage the tendon by literally braking the bone as ajacks described a broken bone could cut the tendon and leave you with a permanently mamed hand.( im guessing that a severed tendon does not mend as my grandfather severed his and was never able to fully close his hand for the next 80 years of his life)

[This message has been edited by karate-do (edited 12-31-2004).]

Re: Fists of steel? - 12/31/04 01:53 PM

hey, Karate-do

use punctuation, your typing is confusing.

Re: Fists of steel? - 02/05/05 08:21 AM

Skinny Ninja here. Only have one question, one statement.

1. I'm a thin dude. No ham fist. Does that mean my knuckles are more exposed when in a fist?

2. I once, when I began MA, believed I knew everything. I tried breaking a board without any conditioning or even drinking freaking milk - no super knuckle of stone, just a big ridge down my middle knuckle that aches after training or sparring.

Kids, dont break stuff. Especially yourself.

- Op. Skinny Ninja

Re: Fists of steel? - 02/07/05 01:06 PM

Been doing body-conditioning for years... koteiate (excuse spelling). Okinawan tradition and method. Used to harden the tools.. That way, maximum power developed by relaxed punch/kick and really no tightening of the fist used.. used to 'punch through' the target. If your tools aren't strong enough, can damage yourself.

This takes quite a long time. No enlarged knuckles, callouses, etc.. rather plain looking... except when you hit or block something!

If unsure how to do this, seek your sensei's advice. I know of some styles that don't use this method... wimps :0

Frank

Re: Fists of steel? - 02/07/05 05:17 PM

Dude,

Your supposed to have callouses on your knuckles. that makes them harder (obviously) you just have to do it the right way.

BTW my bag is now about 150lbs now and half full of sand and im fine with it and, as a mater of fact, I dont even use gloves eny more. I just use hand wraps that are wraped in such a way that it exposes the knuckles and supports more of the wrist. so im bangen my knuckles till they turn red and it hurts realy good to. I have no regrets of doing what im doing now.

Re: Fists of steel? - 02/13/05 04:10 PM

Box more, kick less. Drink a damned good gallon of milk a day. Repeat.

- Op. Skinny Ninja

Re: Fists of steel? - 02/14/05 02:28 PM

Calouses are just a sign that youve damaged the skin over your knuckle and as anyone else that's had calouses on theyre hands will know, they just drop off causing you to wait a while before you can resume training.

Re: Fists of steel? - 02/17/05 08:34 AM

Hitting , walls, woods etc, really doesn't help, if you wanna have fist of Iron, you gotta find inner strength,

Re: Fists of steel? - 04/11/05 03:23 PM

I am 15 and get into tons of fights at my new school, somewhere around 17, and my fists are really jacked up. They are cut on both sets of knuckles on my right hand (the lower and upper) and two of my fingers are broken, and i think all of knuckles are broken. What should i do to strenghten and heal them if i dont have a bag to punch.

Re: Fists of steel? - 04/11/05 11:09 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by lil bull fyter:
I am 15 and get into tons of fights at my new school, somewhere around 17, and my fists are really jacked up. They are cut on both sets of knuckles on my right hand (the lower and upper) and two of my fingers are broken, and i think all of knuckles are broken. What should i do to strenghten and heal them if i dont have a bag to punch.[/QUOTE]

Go to the doctor.

Joel
Posted by: Alejandro

Re: Fists of steel? - 04/11/05 11:53 PM

And then stop getting into fights at school.

-Al

Re: Fists of steel? - 04/21/05 06:01 PM

How can u stay in school when you keep gettting into fights.

Re: Fists of steel? - 04/21/05 06:07 PM

How do you stay in school when you keep getting into fights.

Re: Fists of steel? - 04/24/05 10:59 AM

My question sorta off topic but,does Calouse ever go away permintly?(its on me palm)
ps.just peeling it off don't help.

Re: Fists of steel? - 04/25/05 02:05 PM

I fight out in the desert, my school is brand new, and its in the middle of nowhere, housing are being built everywhere around here and sometimes we fight there.

Another reason im no kicked out of school is i have a 4.0 out of 4.0, (straight a's) So they give me sympahty.

Re: Fists of steel? - 04/26/05 07:29 AM

Another reason i[']m no[t] kicked out of school is [that] i have a 4.0 out of 4.0, (straight a's) So they give me sympahty[(Spelling!)sympahty huh?].

Even in English? With the errors in that paragraph i'm supprised your english teacher dosn't give you a good kicking!
Posted by: JohnL

Re: Fists of steel? - 04/26/05 11:00 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by lil bull fyter:
I fight out in the desert, my school is brand new, and its in the middle of nowhere, housing are being built everywhere around here and sometimes we fight there.

Another reason im no kicked out of school is i have a 4.0 out of 4.0, (straight a's) So they give me sympahty.
[/QUOTE]

Clearly an idiot in the making!

JohnL

Re: Fists of steel? - 04/26/05 05:01 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Leapordsknowbest:
My question sorta off topic but,does Calouse ever go away permintly?(its on me palm)
ps.just peeling it off don't help.
[/QUOTE]

If your peeling them off your giving your body an excuse to regrow/replace more.

I had one on my right indexfingers second didjit from biting on it when I was 12 years old. its still there even at 15!

they do go away. but they have to slowly desolve.

Re: Fists of steel? - 04/28/05 03:04 PM

Iron fist/body conditioning is the same, Your only speeding up the process by conditioning. Remember its not ment for everybody & those who truly do not understand. I found a link for those of you interested in bone conditioning, heatlh etc...
http://health.yahoo.com/health/centers/bone_health/912

"On the other hand, each time your feet hit the ground in an activity such as jogging, jumping, or tennis, your skeleton withstands impacts three to six times greater than your body weight. The greater demand on your bones is met with a matching increase in bone mass"

So in my experiance everytime you hit your fist or let me get something everyone has probally done like banging your toe on the bedpost at night going to the bath room, is what i concider conditioning.