Kicking & Footwork Perfection

Posted by: Anonymous

Kicking & Footwork Perfection - 05/16/04 12:35 AM

You see I am purely obsessed with extremly fast kicking and footwork perfection, I became obseesed when I saw Drunken Master 2 at the end where Ken Lo( the last guy that fights jackie chan) busts out his SUPER FAST kicking technique, now this is something I HAVE to master and do to perfection, I stretch 2 hours a day, kick on a punching bag for another solid hour and practice kicks on thin air for twenty minutes, just to try and perfect it, I used to to tae kwan do when i was 9(I am 16 now) and I had a blue belt with 3 stripes when I quit but im now doing it again to help perfect this kicking technique, Your Thoughts and Advice would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Kicking & Footwork Perfection - 05/16/04 12:04 PM

He stands on one leg and fends off all punching attacks and everything, he kciks so fast it looks like fists wailing on a speed bag, and he cando stand up splits(Ken Lo)
Posted by: Professional

Re: Kicking & Footwork Perfection - 06/08/04 11:07 AM

Wow, i wish i had 3 hours a day to stretch.

Re: Kicking & Footwork Perfection - 06/23/04 01:45 AM

Great film, but keep in mind that it IS a film.

Re: Kicking & Footwork Perfection - 07/05/04 04:50 PM

If ya want lightning fast and hard kicks, try olympic tae kwon do. Also, tie bungies from your ankles to the ground and throw kicks that way. When you take em off, your kicks will have increased in muscle tone, thus speed. Remember, use the hip for power and speed.

Re: Kicking & Footwork Perfection - 07/07/04 03:42 AM

Good advice about using your hip but very few TKD teach this properly most use their legs with nothing behind it!!!

Re: Kicking & Footwork Perfection - 07/11/04 11:11 PM

s
Posted by: UKfightfreak

Re: Kicking & Footwork Perfection - 07/12/04 07:50 AM

2 hours a day stretching?

I stretch for a max of 30 mins per day (10 in the morning and 10 min pre workout and 10 min post workout and I can do side splits, front splits (toes up and down) and kick to head height at any time of the day with no warm up.

Anyway, I think you will probably be overtraining.

You really need to split your workouts so you do say a technical workout on day 1, strenth workout on day 2 and an endurance work on day 3, training the way you are you are turning your workouts into one long endurance workout.

Also note: Make sure your lower back and stomach are strong enough - with that much kicking you will probably rip your back to pieces before your 18th birthday.