Stretching Machines

Posted by: Ishinguy

Stretching Machines - 11/05/01 03:08 PM

What do you guys think of the machines that act like a kind of stretching Rack ?
Posted by: MrVigerous

Re: Stretching Machines - 11/05/01 06:14 PM

Ishinguy - if you are going to use one of these machines, then make sure you use one that supports the knee. IMO they are not much good - at least they were'nt for me and that's the crux of the matter, use what works for you as everybody is different. I personaly use a rope on a pulley mounted in the ceiling - my flexibility came on leaps and bounds when i started using this some time ago and i recommend it highly. In any case, experiment and see which suits you.
Regds and good training.
Posted by: Ishinguy

Re: Stretching Machines - 11/05/01 10:10 PM

Thanks Mr Vigerous, I am going to get the use of one of the machines , so I will check it out. I think I will set up one of the pulley systems in my garage next summer. Too cold over here to do that in the winter !
Cheers
Nick
Posted by: Jeniko

Re: Stretching Machines - 01/20/03 05:35 PM

I also use the rope and pully system and find it VERY good.
Posted by: UKfightfreak

Re: Stretching Machines - 01/28/03 03:39 PM

If you look at http://www.fightingarts.com/reading/get_articles.php?cat=Stretching and go to Kurz's articles on this site you will find that you are wasting your money buying stretching machines.

You can build up as much (or more) flexibility without them.

[This message has been edited by UKfightfreak (edited 02-03-2003).]

Posted by: UKfightfreak

Re: Stretching Machines - 02/03/03 10:25 AM

f

Posted by: Jeniko

Re: Stretching Machines - 03/05/03 02:47 AM

I just spent alittle money on one and find it quite usful myself, while watching tv or a film im sat on this thing and i find it helpful.