Faster Flexibility

Posted by: XxTaexKidxX

Faster Flexibility - 03/18/10 11:54 PM

What's the fastest way to become flexible, I'm doing alot of M/A's but we stretch seldom, I've been stretching on my own for the past few months but I haven't seen any improvement in my flexibility...so is there anything I could do?
Posted by: Prizewriter

Re: Faster Flexibility - 03/19/10 07:17 AM

IMO that is the wrong attitude. Trying to accelerate your bodies flexibilty beyond its natural progress rate is unhealthy and reckless.

Your body will open up when its ready. Might happen quickly, might take a while. Let it do it's thing in its own time.

Develop a regular stretching routine and commit to that. You cannot undo a life time of rigidity in the body a time in a couple of 20 minute stretching sessions. It can take years to open up the body.

It takes time and commitment.

Try a yoga class. It will give you ideas for stretching and the prana (breathing) will help keep you relaxed and calm, and maybe less anxious to do the full splits in a short amount of time!
Posted by: MrWizard

Re: Faster Flexibility - 03/19/10 04:01 PM

For one thing, I think that it's important to identify your goal in becoming flexible. If you want to be able to do a split at a party, it's a completely different type of training than if you want to be able to kick someone's face off. I'm going to assume that since you are on a martial arts forum, you want to kick face. What you need to do is a combination of dynamic flexibility drills that help your body become accustomed to flexibility within movement. This retrains your nervous system to stop "tensing up" and inhibiting your movement. You will also need to do some P&F Flexibility drills as well if you want to gain static flexibility at a rapid rate.
Posted by: Aelvin4

Re: Faster Flexibility - 02/12/13 01:21 AM

Flexibility is good for body and we can get flexible body easily with doing some flexible workouts like yoga. Its a best way to make body stretchable and flexible.
Posted by: Ronin1966

Re: Faster Flexibility - 02/23/13 02:44 PM

Hello Prizewriter:

Sometimes structure cannot be overcome, sometimes soft tissues will not reduce contracture without external assistance to achieve it.

Some deep structures, ligaments, muscles are very hard to get at... a skilled masseuse/masseur, a medical doctor may be necessary too.

Jeff