knuckle problem

Posted by: TKD-Skippi

knuckle problem - 10/04/08 12:04 PM

I have noticed that when I form a first my middle knuckle sticks out further than the striking ones. is this common? if if do knuckle push up every day it seems to go a little towards solving the problem. has anyone got any insights?

thanks guys!
Posted by: Saisho

Re: knuckle problem - 10/04/08 01:32 PM

It is likely an alignment problem on your part. Point at your target with your finger. Then, without moving your wrist, curl the finger in. The first nuckle should be touching.

It is possible that there is a structural issue which is beyond your control. In that case, you will have to adapt.

Re: knuckle problem - 10/04/08 06:04 PM

its not a structural prblem
I can push the knuckle back but it doesn't stay. doesn't hurt when I do it. I'll keep up knuckle push ups they seem to be solving it.
Posted by: Saisho

Re: knuckle problem - 10/04/08 07:34 PM

I'm sorry, I seem to have misunderstood or missed something in your first post. If you are referring to the knuckle at the middle of your finger, that will just take time. When you said "2nd knuckle" I thought you meant the striking knuckle of the 2nd finger.

That being said, there are some limitations for some people to get the finger curled enough. If so, try letting the end knuckle of your first finger stay straight and the finger print pad to lay flat on the meat of your thumb/palm. Then curl your thumb over it. It will allow the finger to be more compact without taking much away from the striking knuckle.

Re: knuckle problem - 10/05/08 09:20 AM

ah ok sorry, I should have been more clear. Thanks for the replies Saisho they were helpful.
Posted by: Ilove2Hit

Re: knuckle problem - 10/16/08 09:28 AM

is it true that ur knuckles get somehow bigger if you, for example, box?

i dnt thinkthat u have a real problem. i got a friend that has the same thing for years.

but i am no doc or anything. just that he never mentioned anyting :P