Dislocation, Dislocation............

Posted by: shills11

Dislocation, Dislocation............ - 06/09/08 07:59 AM

....... Disloctaed my knee, yet again!

Was dislocation free for 2 years and then bang.

Oh well that'll be about 6 weeks of rehab and then theres the fitness and flexibility i'll lose during then.

I'll also have to modify my diet so I dont end up the size of a house ,because I train 5 nights week just now and eat quite a bit more than I should as I know I'll just burn it off.

And then I'll have to get my confidence back from defending takedowns (as thats how it happened)

Oh the joys of martial arts/contact sports, I'll just have to get my knee stronger than ever.

cant wait to get back!
Posted by: clmibb

Re: Dislocation, Dislocation............ - 06/09/08 09:27 AM

Sorry to hear about your knee shills. Take it easy while you are healing and you'll be back in the game in no time.

Casey
Posted by: MattJ

Re: Dislocation, Dislocation............ - 06/09/08 09:53 AM

Sorry to hear that, shills. At least having been thruogh it before, you know what you have to do for it.

Re: Dislocation, Dislocation............ - 06/09/08 10:45 AM

Quote:

Sorry to hear that, shills. At least having been thruogh it before, you know what you have to do for it.

yes this is now dislocation number 3, Having a physiotherapist for a girlfriend also helps

Thanks for the support guys.

I'm going to use the time off to focus on eating healthier and working my upper body strength and getting in lots of cycling in the longer term Im hoping to fight so will be interesting to see what i can get my weight to through proper dieting.

I also realise I'm incredibly lucky to get away with very little ligament damage (just stretched)......again., my girlfriend seems to think it could be a testament to how strongly my knee recovered last time. I think they way it happened it would have dislocated whatever shape my knee was in, just a freak accident.
Posted by: BrianS

Re: Dislocation, Dislocation............ - 06/09/08 02:01 PM

Sorry to hear about that. Having a gimped up knee sucks.

Re: Dislocation, Dislocation............ - 06/25/08 07:44 AM

The weight training is going well not only do I feel stronger but more explosive cant wait to see how it improves my grappling, the knee is mending well and cycling is a pain in the bum! (literally) why are those seats so uncomfortable??!