These so-called "Off-Days"

Posted by: Kujaku

These so-called "Off-Days" - 01/30/08 03:33 PM

Hi all,

Well, I was not quite sure where to post this, but this forum seemed to be the closest bet. Anyways, here is my problem...

While everyone suffers from an off day here and there, I find myself suffering from them on a consistent basis...actually, it seems as if one could even predict my off days and write them down in to my schedule. It's weird, I seem to have an off-day every Monday...I am not sure why either.

Some reasons I think for this might be lack of sleep, motivation, and just the "everyone hates mondays" mentality. But I do think that my problem is psychologically motivated. I can't seem to figure out why, but every Monday I just perform extremely poorly, and then by my next class I am back to normal performing much better.

What do you guys think could be the problem here? How do you all combat your "off-days"??? I feel that I am at a loss and I need help >_<.
Posted by: MattJ

Re: These so-called "Off-Days" - 01/30/08 04:12 PM

I think that "off-days" have a large psychological component, moreso than anything physical. I don't think that rnadom off-days are anything to be worried about. But if it is a consistent time/space when it happens, you may want to look into some kind of positive reinforcement of some kind. Positive imagery, sayings, etc.
Posted by: WhiteDragon11

Re: These so-called "Off-Days" - 01/30/08 06:50 PM

I would say try and get more sleep the Sunday before and take in lots of protein during the day. Maybe that can help you feel better for it.
As for mentally, just try and find a reason why you want to train, and keep that in mind to motivate you that day. If that doesnt work, you can just make yourself train and get into the routine weekly.

But its not bad to have off days every once and a while... the body needs a break