pulling in my knee

Posted by: KempoBJJ6

pulling in my knee - 01/31/07 07:06 PM

I have a question i have never had this befor but when i am stretching doing the side stradel standing or the "splits" i cant do it all the way so i think thats what you call it, i feel a pulling in my knee which ive never had befor. I was is karate for many years now i do kempo and bjj and ive never felt this. Does anyone know what this is?
Posted by: GriffyGriff

Re: pulling in my knee - 01/31/07 11:47 PM

Hi KempoBJJ6
Try warming your knee joints up 1st.
Feet Together gently go into a half squat and rotate your knees in a circular direction. 10 to the left & 10 to the right. That should warm up your ligaments.

It MAY also be that you are forcing the stretch beyond your limits. How Heavy are you? Do you have thin or thick set legs?

Try sitting on the floor with your legs wide appart (Watching TV) and keeping your knees flat on the floor and bending at the waist (keeping a straight back).. Try to touch your forearms on the floor in fron whilst still watching the TV. That may be a way to gently stretch your ligaments whilst watching decent Martial Arts films like "Fighter in the Wind", "Arahan" and "Fearless"
Posted by: Tezza

Re: pulling in my knee - 02/01/07 04:36 AM

GriffyGriff basically sumed it up for me. Try all this out and if you still receive future pains then go see your local doctor to check it out. Maybe its just the muscles and ligaments.