Problem with my left leg.

Posted by: Spade

Problem with my left leg. - 01/08/07 09:35 PM

Doing BJJ, practicing arm bars, (you are mounted, you spin around to the other side, grab arm, pull) my left leg got messed up in one of the spins (this was about half a year ago) so I stopped training to let it heal.

Well today I went back, and when I stretched my left leg fully out to the side, my thigh muscle cramped up bad.

If I lift my left knee, and move it all the way to my left side, then place it down (like a leg block), it does two very little pops.

any advice?

I'm heading to a doctor and chiropractor tomorrow.
Posted by: Shouji

Re: Problem with my left leg. - 01/08/07 10:58 PM

I get the same think on my left leg, whenever I do kicks with it. It dosen't hurt, and I don't ever remember injuring it. It is very annoying, and i'd like to know what it is as well.

Re: Problem with my left leg. - 01/10/07 12:59 AM

Well, the doc gave me a pain/anti inflammatory med, same thing he gave me last time, which didn't help.

Re: Problem with my left leg. - 01/11/07 09:58 PM

The chiropractor helped some, i believe it will heal on its own from here.

He had me lay on my back, he put his hand/elbow in between my legs on my knees, and had me squeeze as hard as I could, then POP.

while it still does it a bit, it helped.
Posted by: Tezza

Re: Problem with my left leg. - 01/24/07 04:35 AM

Glad to hear its better than it was. Well train lightly at first and after a while this pop should go as you get used to it again. As you must remember you havent done it for a long time.
Just take it easy and if you continue to experience it go back to see him.