Getting Flexible

Posted by: MistaCheap

Getting Flexible - 08/20/06 01:06 AM

Well, I saw this interesting forum and decided to join. Anyways well I've decided to go back to Martial Arts after I was forced to quit it at age 8 of finacial problems. I've decided to start stretching at home as a head-start so i don't fall behind.And since I've totally forgot mostly everything, I was hoping you would be kind enough to help me.

1. Is getting flexible easy as it sounds? I've been trying and it doesn't seem to be working.

2. Could you care to explain to me what stretches there are and how to do them? I don't really understand the ones that are pinned.

3. (This is totally off-topic, don't have to read but very very much appreciated!=])
Does Stretching make you taller? (Yes, I'm short for a 13-year-old.)

Thank you if you "ACTUALLY" read through all this and I'm more thankful if you can help me. And my god you are nice if you are able to answer number 3 for me!
THANKS!
Posted by: Mr_Heretik

Re: Getting Flexible - 08/20/06 01:14 AM

I'll just answer the third, since I'm as stiff as a...umm..whatever is really stiff.

Almost everyone says stretching doesn't affect your height, but I noticed when I started TKD I may have grown a very small bit. There are sites like http://www.giantscientific.com/ that have stuff like that.
Posted by: MistaCheap

Re: Getting Flexible - 08/20/06 01:33 AM

Thank you for that website. I will try it out.
Can anyone else help answer my questions?
Posted by: MattJ

Re: Getting Flexible - 08/20/06 11:52 AM

Quote:

1. Is getting flexible easy as it sounds? I've been trying and it doesn't seem to be working.

Getting flexible is certainly easier the younger you start. Genetics has a lot to do with it as well. Read this forum and keep working.

Quote:

2. Could you care to explain to me what stretches there are and how to do them? I don't really understand the ones that are pinned.

Pick some specific ones you wish to ask about. There are far too many to explain them all.

Quote:

3. (This is totally off-topic, don't have to read but very very much appreciated!=])
Does Stretching make you taller? (Yes, I'm short for a 13-year-old.)

No, stretching will not make you taller. That is a function of genetics, enviroment, nutrition and a host of other factors.