Century Versaflex

Posted by: purplenova

Century Versaflex - 08/11/06 08:53 AM

I have a versaflex and the legs wobble a bit !!! I have them as tight as I can get them.

Does anyone here also have a versaflex and could assist ?????

Thanks
Tom - Dayton Ohio
Shodan

Re: Century Versaflex - 08/11/06 08:41 PM

Quote:

I have a versaflex and the legs wobble a bit !!! I have them as tight as I can get them.

Thanks
Tom - Dayton Ohio
Shodan

I figured it out. Thanks for viewing....
Posted by: TomT

Re: Century Versaflex - 02/02/07 09:01 AM

Just got a Versaflex machine this week and really like it. No problems so far.

Can anyone give me an idea on setting goals? How fast to try and progress? It goes up to 180 degrees and I am no where close yet. How long should you stay in one postition to get a good strecth, etc.? I'd like to set some goals and get on a routine. Any info would be appreciated.
Posted by: everyone

Re: Century Versaflex - 02/02/07 01:02 PM

The VersaFlex looks like a nice tool for stretching. I especially like that your progress can be measured in degrees.

As far as setting goals, the first thing to do is write down what want the end result to be. Make it measurable like 180 degree side splits. After you have your objective, give yourself a deadline for which to achieve your goal. Depending upon your dedication and current flexibility, set a date 6 months to a year out.

Measure where are at now, then determine how many degrees you have to improve to reach your goal. Divide that number by the number of months you have given yourself so you can track your progress.

After you have done the math, then its time to make your plan on how to achieve your goal. There are lots of resources for developing a stretching program. There are books, tapes, this website, etc… What I have found is that it really doesn’t make that much difference as to which guru you follow. Just put together a plan that you will realistically follow every day. The biggest mistake people make is having an overly ambitious plan that is just too cumbersome to keep up with.

By tracking your results on a monthly basis, you can adjust your plan accordingly. If you are not on track with your goals, make adjustments to your program. If you are reaching your monthly goals, stay the course.

I am very interested in learning from your success. Please post your Goals, Plan, and Progress for all our benefit.
Posted by: UKfightfreak

Re: Century Versaflex - 02/05/07 06:03 PM

Quote:

Thanks
Tom - Dayton Ohio
Shodan

Nothing quite beats the floor for stretching.
Posted by: Tezza

Re: Century Versaflex - 02/07/07 04:14 AM

agreed, the floor is a much better aid rather than spending money on equipment. However many people swear by machinery.
For me I would rather purchase Tom Kurz's book and follow that.
Posted by: RossKo

Re: Century Versaflex - 03/04/07 04:29 PM

I agree with Tezza but considering that the sport I practice takes a more scientific look at what we have been doing traditionally for centuries then I think it will be interesting to get Purplenove and TomT with their Versaflex machines on our Stretching Buddies page and see how it goes!!

Rossko

Re: Century Versaflex - 11/03/07 10:55 AM

Quote:

I agree with Tezza but considering that the sport I practice takes a more scientific look at what we have been doing traditionally for centuries then I think it will be interesting to get Purplenove and TomT with their Versaflex machines on our Stretching Buddies page and see how it goes!!

Rossko

I like my versaflex, it helps me get a little extra stretch but would also like to see what others are doing
Where might I find that page ?

Thanks
Posted by: MattJ

Re: Century Versaflex - 11/03/07 11:02 AM

http://www.fightingarts.com/ubbthreads/s...=0#Post15852127
Posted by: nig1

Re: Versaflex Stretching Machines - 12/03/07 08:26 AM

Hi

I have been practising Martial arts for several years now. Although I thoroughly enjoy the sort my lack of flexibility causes a degree of frustration. Can anybody give me an unbias opinion on wether or not I would benefit from purchasing a Versaflex machine? I am tempted to buy one but don't want to waste time and money if they are useless?

Thanks in advance

N
Posted by: RazorFoot

Re: Versaflex Stretching Machines - 12/03/07 06:49 PM

I have always been a bit torn myself. I have stretched both with and without stretching equipment. Both have been productive. The best flex I have ever had (full splits both sides and kicking easily above head height) came from stretching without. The equipment helped me to maintain but the original flex came from the floor.

Both work depending on your patience and your technique.

Scottie