Side split.

Posted by: d0minar

Side split. - 06/12/06 07:18 PM

Hey guys.
Before i bought Kruz's stretching DVD i used to stretch a lot, but I did it completely not the way dvd teaches. What i did is: go into split position, but not stand straight with my hips forward as shown on dvd, but pit my hands on the floor to support my weight. so my body is bent forward. Then i stretch like this trying to go lower etc, also used tensing relaxing thing. I got very far with this stretching too.. One day i got as low as 6 cm from the floor. Now when i went and tryed to do it properly, I got nowhere near that 6 cm... it was something like 50 cm. So I figured that muscles that I was stretching by doing "van damme, on the heels" split stretching were different from muscles im stretching when i stand up straight with hips forward. Now here is a question. Do I need to stretch both those methods? or just Kruz's? and what muscles am I stretching in both of those? Thanx guys.
Posted by: UKfightfreak

Re: Side split. - 06/15/06 04:10 PM

Kurz shows a method for front splits with toes up and down, so I'm not sure of your point?
Posted by: Tezza

Re: Side split. - 06/22/06 04:36 AM

What ever feels best for you. Although if you want to learn the correct posture then do Kurz's way although what ever you think is better for you.
Posted by: Stylus

Re: Side split. - 06/23/06 10:13 AM

I think it partially depends on your body.
Kurz legs slightly bend in at the knees, so a split with toes down goes with him.
Allot of people need a split with toes up.
A split is a split. As long as you to your legs 180 degrees from each other- You have a split.
Posted by: Tezza

Re: Side split. - 06/25/06 05:00 PM

Exactly what ever feels comfortable to you.