Can not streach

Posted by: Alex_bg

Can not streach - 02/27/06 08:37 AM

Hello,
I have been training karate for a few years, but I do not have any results in streaching at all. Other colleagues are making side-split to the ground while I am at the same level I was 3 years ago -about 50cm above the ground level. How can I improve my streaching level? Does the food has any influence on it? If I start practising yogha would this help?

Thanks,
Alexandar
Posted by: Ayub

Re: Can not streach - 02/28/06 06:52 AM

Hi there Alex, well taking up yoga would make you more flexible in the way of stretching in similar ways to your martial arts stretching so there is no real need for you to take up yoga. I dont think your diet will have any effect in stretching, unless you have lots of excess fat on your legs that is preventing your legs from getting closer to other parts of your body (Ive seen it~).

I suggest that you stretch dynamically, there is a wealth of info on this on the forum here. This is the fastest way to achieve functional flexibility for MAists.
Posted by: gojuwarrior1

Re: Can not streach - 02/28/06 07:34 AM

What is a streach??
Posted by: Tezza

Re: Can not streach - 02/28/06 08:38 AM

Many people take much longer than others to get to a specific goal, which can cause frustration although if you try hard enough you will get somewhere. Maybe you are not doing the right stretches in class. What is your current routine? So that we can tell you whether or not this is a good one and help you make the most out of this routine.
Good luck with your training