Problem!

Posted by: Eveal

Problem! - 02/02/06 06:18 AM

Hey everyone,

I am having a bit of trouble with my splits. I know I have not reached my full limits yet but when I go down for front splits and side splits. I seem to get to a stopping point. Well here is the situations.

Front splits - I am about 2 - 4 inches from the floor. When I am down that low, I don't feel a stretch anymore and I constantly try to push myself lower. I usually stop when the top of my knee (lower part of the rear quad) touches the ground. I feel as if I need to force myself lower into the stretch.

Sidesplits - I am not very flexible in this stretch but I am everday getting lower and lower until yesterday I went down to splits and my legs just stopped without any stretch feeling or pain. I was constantly trying to get my legs futher apart but they just wouldnt go. Finally, I had to get one of my students to pull my leg out and I got deeper with feeling that time.

Questions:
1. Since I am so close to my front splits without any stretching feeling should I just grind it out and dig to the full split teeth gritting (I think I can get it by the end of the week).

2. Is it good to let another person (that I trust) take my legs out past my limit for me and help me get lower.

3. What is causing my legs to stop without any pain what so ever?

Tips and tricks are appriecated!
Posted by: UKfightfreak

Re: Problem! - 02/06/06 08:43 AM

1. Don't do that
2. Don't do that either
3. Could be positioning of your hips, could be a lot of things.

Do some homework: www.stadion.com/column.html
Posted by: webby

Re: Problem! - 02/17/06 09:36 AM

Dont go to far....keep stretching till you can feel the stretch then hold.....30 as long as possible then the next time you go and do the splits you will find you can go down lower. keep practicing!