Pavel vs Kurz

Posted by: Stylus

Pavel vs Kurz - 01/23/06 10:16 AM

Anyone has Pavels book and Kurz book together. Is anyone of them better some populaton over other?
Posted by: ShaolinNinja

Re: Pavel vs Kurz - 01/23/06 01:25 PM

Pavel's Relax Into Stretch describes different methods of bypassing the stretch reflex, and gives some sample stretches.
Kurz's Stretching Scientifically gives a scientific run-down of the physiology of muscle and nerve working relevant to flexibility training, explains different types of stretching, and illustrates sample exercises. Moreover, he explains when each type of stretch should be done, and how to organise a flexibility training program, which Pavel does not.
If your aim is to gain flexibility and an understanding of stretching, Kurz's book will be of more benefit to you. Pavel's book, as it covers some methods which Kurz's does not, is a worthwhile supplement.
Posted by: Supremor

Re: Pavel vs Kurz - 01/24/06 10:14 AM

If I were to choose, I would go for Kurz's book. Pavel's is very interesting, written pretty well, but is not that extensive and does not go into as much depth into how stretching should be implemented in a training program. Kurz does everything you could want from a book IMO.
Posted by: Tezza

Re: Pavel vs Kurz - 01/25/06 03:25 PM

I have read both. I believe that Kurz's book is great and did the business for me as it was packed with useful information.
Pavel's book was a good extra although if you want fast results then I would advise getting Kurz's book first.
Posted by: Developer

Re: Pavel vs Kurz - 01/31/06 04:57 PM

People here worship Kurz, no one will ever put Pavel above him.
Posted by: JoelM

Re: Pavel vs Kurz - 01/31/06 11:34 PM

Maybe that says something about the quality of the books and not just a mass bias like you seem to wish it to be.
Posted by: Supremor

Re: Pavel vs Kurz - 02/01/06 11:36 AM

Quote:

Maybe that says something about the quality of the books and not just a mass bias like you seem to wish it to be.

Thanks Joel, let me get my Occam's razor out.
Posted by: Stylus

Re: Pavel vs Kurz - 02/02/06 08:45 AM

It can be the quality of the books or it can be the material affiliation of this website, you never know.
Posted by: ShaolinNinja

Re: Pavel vs Kurz - 02/02/06 05:36 PM

It's not confined to this forum. Look around the internet and you'll find Kurz's work is very highly respected everywhere