soreness/cramping on the bottom of my feet

Posted by: CrossTraining

soreness/cramping on the bottom of my feet - 01/14/06 08:21 PM

Hey
I've noticed during classes I sometimes the bottoms of my feet start hurting. I noticed it's generally during the harder workouts. What can I do to stop it. Any suggestions?
CrossTraining
Posted by: MattJ

Re: soreness/cramping on the bottom of my feet - 01/14/06 08:32 PM

Need more info.

Do you wear shoes? Do you work out on a hard surface or padded/carpeted? Do you have blisters or other abrasions on your feet? During what specific types of workouts do you really notice the pain (ie; jumping jacks, bag work, footwork drills, etc)?

Check this thread as well -

http://www.fightingarts.com/ubbthreads/s...5/#Post15820957

Re: soreness/cramping on the bottom of my feet - 01/14/06 09:04 PM

oh dude sorry
I should've giving more info...
Barefoot always and I don't have anything special about my feet other than they are slight wider than average. I notice it after drills like, charging kicks across the mat or after practicing Spinning heel kicks, (as a side note, is it common to have lots hamstring soreness where it attaches under the glute after practicing the SpinningHeel?)
The floor at the studio has real nice mats. I can't figure it out?
thanks for any info
CrossTraining
Posted by: ShaolinNinja

Re: soreness/cramping on the bottom of my feet - 01/15/06 09:15 AM

After a while, your feet ought to adapt to it, provided we're talking about regular soreness, like you get if you run too ling, and not pain, like you've an injury.
As for the hamstring pain when kicking, that sounds like a lack of flexibility.

Re: soreness/cramping on the bottom of my feet - 01/15/06 12:29 PM

thanks for the reply. I've been training for three years but just moved to a different school in july. The mats at the new school are thicker and are newer and nicer that the one's at my previous school, maybe I need the thinner harder mat. The only other thing is that my Master instructor encourages speed and quickness. So I push myself to deliver the kicks and getting across the mat (a real big mat) quickly, maybe I need to stretch my achelliles tendon better,What do you think, any ideas
totally appreciate your input
crosstraining
Posted by: Borrek

Re: soreness/cramping on the bottom of my feet - 01/16/06 06:04 PM

without exception I always get cramps in the bottom of my feet when I lay back from a japanese seated position to stretch my quads.

do you point your toes when you kick? if you do, then that exertion in the arch of your foot could be causing the cramps.

also, eat more bananas. the potassium helps prevent cramping.
Posted by: MattJ

Re: soreness/cramping on the bottom of my feet - 01/16/06 06:19 PM

Sounds like the thicker mats may be requiring more "push" from you to get moving as far as kicks and footwork. If this is the case, it should be nothing more than a matter of conditioning to get your foot muscles used to the higher workload.

If the pain does not decrease over time, I would suggest seeing your medical provider for proper advice.

Re: soreness/cramping on the bottom of my feet - 01/17/06 02:11 AM

borrek and mattj
Thanks for your posts. They both make a lot of sense. Borrek the answer is yes, I do point my toes when I kick... Hey guys totally appreciate the time you took to help
Crosstraining