Dynamic stretch (Kurz) front kick question

Posted by: WolfGate

Dynamic stretch (Kurz) front kick question - 05/27/05 04:46 PM

How straight should the leg be when doing dynamic leg stretches to the front. I've noticed that when I have the leg completely straight it is the area right behind my knee that limits range of motion. When the leg is slightly bent, it is the hamstring area.

Seems like for doing splits the leg would be straight. But I believe the area of limitation I feel when it is straight are ligaments, which I need to minimize stretching, right?

So, and of you Kurz experienced people have insight?
Posted by: malanr116

Re: Dynamic stretch (Kurz) front kick question - 09/04/05 11:32 PM

Hi there. Don't know if you have gotten an answer for this but if you are still interested in my two bits...

I'm a little confused on the wording of your problem, but I think you are saying that when you are doing this stretch, you are not able to straighten your leg completely as you were standing.

If you can keep your leg completely straightened then you need to stretch your hamstrings more, (yea, i know, it's tight behind the knee).

If you need more help, look over your post and give me more information, and make it more clear.

I too, use the Kurz method.

Matt
Posted by: wynnema

Re: Dynamic stretch (Kurz) front kick question - 09/05/05 09:01 AM

the leg should be straight but the knee not "locked" as in kicking. Dont worry if your leg is not straight, as long as you feel a stretch in the hamstring stick at it. By the way tightness behind the knee is probably the tendon so be careful. If you stretch your calf, it should help