15 Yr old with crisis

Posted by: dirdmister

15 Yr old with crisis - 03/12/04 03:32 PM

Hey im 15 and have started to strengthen my body (from the UK). I was wondering if there are any exercises in particular that give fast improvements in stretches?
What are the adductors? How can i strengthen them? If i stretch regulary and strengthen my adductors will i be able to hold my leg up near my head for along time without using my hands (just like bruce lee and jet li can do) ?
Posted by: MikeMartial

Re: 15 Yr old with crisis - 03/12/04 05:07 PM

Don't be in a rush to gain flexibility---you have a clear advantage you can't see for yourself: Youth.
There's no magic bullet for flexibility. Read everything you can on stretching in the reading section of Fightarts.com, and also check out www.stadion.com for more stuff. Thomas Kurz is probably thee expert on flexibility. Take your time, both Bruce Lee and Jet Li did.
Posted by: vashtheblade

Re: 15 Yr old with crisis - 11/11/06 05:48 PM

Keep up with stretching and go slowly. jet li and bruce lee both of them took years to achieve there levels and martial arts is not for competion with any one but yourself. Stretch slowly and stretch alot
Posted by: pepto_bismol

Re: 15 Yr old with crisis - 11/11/06 10:00 PM

I used to think a crisis was an emergency but then I looked it up and

crisis:a stage in a sequence of events at which the trend of all future events, esp. for better or for worse, is determined; turning point.

I think I have a new favorite word
Posted by: vegantkd

Re: 15 Yr old with crisis - 11/12/06 01:10 PM

The Chinese use the same word for crisis and opportunity: crisitunity.
Posted by: Supremor

Re: 15 Yr old with crisis - 11/16/06 05:40 PM

hello, dead thread!!