Shoulder Injuries

Posted by: Shidokai

Shoulder Injuries - 07/13/05 09:02 AM

Not sure if this belongs in this folder, but here goes.

I recently aggravated a previous shoulder injury, and I'm not sure how serious/in need of treatment it is. I was doing chi-ishi exercises and felt something strain. I now have trouble raising it above chin height without pain. I've been heating/icing/resting/lightly stretching intermittently, though it is still very sore to the touch. Massaging it is painful. The pain is not entirely unlike dislocation or deep bruising, but without the obvious factor of the joint being out of place or lack of mobility. I have near full range of motion, but with pain at certain points.

Anyone had any experience with this? How urgent is medical care? If I can get through this without medical help, I'd prefer that for a number of reasons (poor grasp of medical vocabulary in Japanese being a rather chief one, money being another). If anyone has any recommendations/advice, I'd really appreciate hearing them.
Posted by: Kaver

Re: Shoulder Injuries - 07/27/05 03:54 PM

I don't know what chi-ishi excersizes are but it sounds either like a slight tear (Highly unlikey) But more of a muscle strain. Do you hear or feel a click when you rotate your arm? If you don't then it's most likely a strained muscle I suggest heat. But I'm no doctor just talking from experience.

Don't stop training though use this injury to learn about your other weapons just limit the use of that arm.
Posted by: schanne

Re: Shoulder Injuries - 07/28/05 11:45 AM

Both my shoulder rotato cuffs need to be fixed from grappling, I must have weak shoulders or don't know when to tap out...I have seen a few doctors and they all say it can be fixed with surgery but I'm not very brave, a matter of fact I'm scared to get it done. I know it sounds silly but that's me, anyway get it checked out and I'm sure it can be repairded with todays modern medicines.
Posted by: Blindsided

Re: Shoulder Injuries - 07/30/05 04:57 PM

mine got messed up and if u eat lots of bananas and start doing light workouts it will heal fast, bananas have lots of potassium which repair muscles. i went with 3 bananas a day and tryed to eat other foods with potassium