The right breathing meathod....???

Posted by: STEIN_AUF

The right breathing meathod....??? - 06/30/05 05:36 PM

What is the "right breathing meathod?" or the best to use?? for like sparing or intense training?? any help?
Posted by: Gavin

Re: The right breathing meathod....??? - 07/01/05 12:57 PM

I find it best if you first inhale, and then exhale. Repeating that cycle generally works for me. I find that if I either just inhale or just exhale I tend to go rather blue and feel really faint. I'm probably not doing it right, so I wouldn't listen to me!

Sorry to be flippant, only playing around. Would you care to expand upon your question. What type of breathing techniqye is best for.......delivering power, recovery, receiving a shot etc...
Posted by: STEIN_AUF

Re: The right breathing meathod....??? - 07/01/05 07:00 PM

for sparing so that you can pay attention to you opp. and keep a clear mind? does that help?

STEIN AUF
Posted by: eyrie

Re: The right breathing meathod....??? - 07/02/05 09:58 PM

What Gavin said.

Re: The right breathing meathod....??? - 07/05/05 05:53 AM

Quote:

for sparing so that you can pay attention to you opp. and keep a clear mind? does that help?

STEIN AUF

Erm...not really. To be honest mate, I wouldn't overly worry about your breathing too much. Sounds like you pretty new to sparring, I'd worry more about stopping the other guy from hitting you and just generally having fun, your breathing will sort itself out. Throughout your martial arts training your breathing will evolve of its own accord. In sparring, especially when you first start you'll get a little adernaline dump, which will cause your heart and breath rate to jump up, trying to keep the breathing deep and steady, this will help. Much in the same way as if someone was hyper ventalating (sp????). I'm sure there are others here far more qualified to cover this subject than me, but personally I wouldn't worry too much about it, and just enjoy your training!

BTW, don't go telling everybody about my *secret* breathing technique, I planning on making millions out of that!
Posted by: Prometej

Re: The right breathing meathod....??? - 07/07/05 05:31 PM

Exhale through your teeth so that your jaw is safer from breaking if punched to it,...and exhale when receiving a blow

Re: The right breathing meathod....??? - 07/08/05 09:32 AM

Quote:

Staying silent is the smartest thing to say

I like your sig, thats some advice I could well do observing!
Posted by: comptech35

Re: The right breathing meathod....??? - 01/19/06 06:38 PM

While sparring learn to breath in a rythmical pattern. If you bounce while you spar, time your breath with your bounces. That's how I do it. Also Kiop (verbal scream) with certain strikes, this will force you to breath.
Posted by: rusty

Re: The right breathing meathod....??? - 02/10/06 04:08 AM

i'm no t expert eithe but my personal method is if i plan on making contact...wether by block or punch...i exhale...

but i don;t really remember at what point i started doin that...or even why