Crackling.

Posted by: dynacker

Crackling. - 05/19/05 09:56 AM

I quit full contact karate about 7-8 years ago (after doing it for a few years). I then went into soccer for the years after that, then i sat on my ass for a few years and this year i started hapkido. I realised that my back is really stiff (as well as alot of other body parts) comapred to how they were before. For example tensing and moving my shoulders down or up would make a lot of crackling noises (really gross and annoying). Are there any ways to stop this?
Posted by: Cantwell

Re: Crackling. - 05/19/05 02:38 PM

I am new at this gig but it seems as if you just have to get back into a regular stretching program. Your body probably went from flexiblity to slothishness and maybe that results in the crackling sounds.

I stretch twice a day and I have already seen results in my flexibility in two weeks, so just stick with it and take warm-ups seriously.
Posted by: shorin-ji

Re: Crackling. - 05/27/05 03:40 PM

how long are these workouts twice a day. just asking because i want to start a routine to increase my flexability
Posted by: kyokushinkai

Re: Crackling. - 05/30/05 08:22 PM

Um well I usually stretch as many times as you have time to. I find that the annoying thing about stretching is right after you stretch you are very felxible but then after 6 hours or so it goes away so it takes while to gain flexibility that is there awhile after stretching.and you should stretch in the morning it makes you feel better all day.I usually can't thought cause I have to go to school so I just stretch at night.