Maine

Posted by: bassaiguy

Maine - 05/11/08 06:21 PM

Any FMA in Maine? I'm a longtime karate and TKD person but I've always been interested in cross-training and FMA.
Posted by: jeff_andle

Re: Maine - 05/11/08 06:28 PM

Is this G.W.?

I've not seen any but I have so little free time.

Re: Maine - 05/12/08 07:17 AM

Yes, it is! Nice to see you here, Jeff. I hope the school is going well. BTW, a friend's daughter who started studying Songham TKD in Old Town, but had to stop training when her dad was relocated to North Dakota, just got her black belt in ND. That is the strength of having a universal curriculum.

Anyway, I was looking at FMA because my weapons skills are essentially non-existent after my time with Shotokan and MooDukKwan TKD. And I'd like to cross-train in arnis or escrima. If you hear of anything up my way let me know.

Geoff Wingard
Posted by: jeff_andle

Re: Maine - 05/13/08 12:28 AM

Geoff,

Talk to Mr. Keeler in Bangor. He may know some leads or he may know some non-protech BME. I know he lives with ssang jeol bhang in his hands...

If you were down my way and I had free time I'd at least offer to learn some drills off the unused dvd set of silat kali that I bought a couple years ago. So little time.

I miss Ms. G, but her brother and students are doing well with her schools.
Posted by: Prizewriter

Re: Maine - 05/13/08 11:55 AM

http://kuntawkali.com/locations.html

There apppears to be a Kali Instructor in Maine according to this website. You need to scroll down a bit but they are there!

Re: Maine - 05/13/08 06:45 PM

I've sent an email to the HQ. Hopefully it will yield a result in my region. Thanks!

I'm open to other suggestions/links, too.