bourne films

Posted by: hagler7

bourne films - 08/26/07 10:01 AM

i heard that mat damon learned basic kali to help him in his film the bourne supremecy and when i watched the film i can see he proberlly did
Posted by: hedkikr

Re: bourne films - 08/28/07 11:46 AM

Haven't seen it yet but I've always liked the fight choreography in the "Bourne" series...exciting but not too fancy.

BTW, an older movie - Balistic, starring Antonio Bandaras & Lucy Liu has a fun stick-fighting scene. I slowed it down & discovered the Asp Lucy was using was really flexible. That's the movies.
Posted by: Cord

Re: bourne films - 08/28/07 02:45 PM

The fight choregraphy for the Bourne movies is by Jeff Imada, who I beleive is one of Dan Inosanto's senior students, so it is filipino flavoured JKD as opposed to pure panantukan.

For those who havent seen 'Ultimatum' yet, their is an awesome CQC sequence in tangiers after a rooftop chase. Its as good as the one in the paris apartment in 'Identity' and better than anything in 'supremacy' IMO.

'The Hunted' with Tommy Lee jones and Del Toro remains the definitive Filipino MA-fest available though. Grabby-trappy-slicey joy
Posted by: Saisho

Re: bourne films - 08/28/07 06:05 PM

Quote:

'The Hunted' with Tommy Lee jones and Del Toro remains the definitive Filipino MA-fest available though. Grabby-trappy-slicey joy

And choreographed by one of the Sayoc guys.
Posted by: shantungks

Re: bourne films - 09/01/07 12:40 PM

The use of the sarong is also included in that scene. I would have to say that those are some of the best action scenes that can be founf in movies. Nothing fancy just fighting. No hurricane kicks or stuff of that sort.
Posted by: jessecrouch

Re: bourne films - 11/05/09 06:15 PM

I *love* the Bourne series for martial arts. Lots of practical stuff.

Another good one is Taken. Lots of kali-ish stuff in there.