Double Sinawali

Posted by: Reiki

Double Sinawali - 12/02/06 03:35 PM

While I was trying to get GM Remy Presas clip to load I found this clip of double Sinawali.

Its quite a good clip showing the speed of the strikes

Double Sinawali

Its one of my favourite stick routines, the speed they are doing it at is about the same as we do.
Posted by: clmibb

Re: Double Sinawali - 12/06/06 11:57 PM

I learned some Filipino stick fighting about 6 years ago. My instructor would have us walking backward and forward, lay down, stand back up. Loads of fun. Smaking my fingers and getting bruises under my nails...Good times! Thanks for the walk down memory lane. I had to quit when I got pregnant with my son. My doc didn't want my in a room with sticks swinging around. Maybe one day I'll get back in it.

Casey
Posted by: Cord

Re: Double Sinawali - 12/22/06 04:38 PM

i was doing double sinawali with a plastic machete and a plastic axe whilst done up as jason Voorhees on halloween

It is my undisputed favourite aspect of stick work- a lot of people prefer to spar single stick and use a gloved hand to trap and strip, not me, I like to go bananas tooled up to the max
Posted by: Saisho

Re: Double Sinawali - 12/22/06 06:40 PM

I agree. While I do like the ability to grab and strip with a "live hand", there is little need to when you can pummel your opponent with a second weapon. I think the result will be the same, the opponent losing their weapon.