Inosanto seminar

Posted by: ShikataGaNai

Inosanto seminar - 06/28/06 01:59 PM

I'm planning on attending an Inosanto seminar in MN on sept 9 and 10. Anyone here ever done one of these? Judging from what I've learned from one of his students and his vids, I think this is gonna be like a dream come true!
Posted by: MattJ

Re: Inosanto seminar - 06/28/06 02:27 PM

I have been to seminars with Larry Hartsell, a contemporary of Dan's. From talking to folks that have been to Dan's seminars, they appear to have a similar teaching style.

I would expect it to be very crowded, and be prepared to have a blizzard of techniques thrown at you. Take lots of notes - detailed notes. I enjoyed working with LH, although my lack of good note taking caused me to forget a lot of the good stuff he showed.
Posted by: Victor Smith

Re: Inosanto seminar - 06/29/06 10:30 AM

Shi....

Dan Insanto was in my area bout 15 years ago doing an entire weekend series of clinics. I attended one on empty hand defense against a knife.

Literally every 3 minutes he changed techniques. Kinfe blades were flying from his hands left and right (one almost missing his new baby, and roused his wife a bit). There was no time to take notes. Fortunately I had his older book and generally understood what he was presenting, but if you had no background you could get lost real fast.

There was a group of his up from Princeton, and the classes were really an encyclopedic review for his students. Others got a chance to experience but IMVHO, not learn.

Learning requires a different approach.

A seminar with Insanto is definately an experience you should take, but to do more than just be exposed to his technique, you really have to work.

Good Luck,