New Forum!

Posted by: MattJ

New Forum! - 04/19/06 12:19 PM

Welcome to the new Filipino/SE Asian art forum. Discussions on arts from Vietnam, Burma, etc welcome here. I have asked Reiki to help out as a mod, and I'm sure she will do a great job as she has in the other forums.

Enjoy!

yes do enjoy !

Trust you guys to put this forum here while I was asleep so I didnt get the chance to put the first post on it! LOL
Posted by: Dereck

Re: New Forum! - 04/19/06 01:48 PM

I look forward to dropping in here time to time to see what is discussed. My brother-in-law is Filipino and he is to introduce me to his brother that is into these types of martial arts and does it as a living as he works for a firm that travels the world providing training to the military, police and also also provides security to people. I have been waiting but as his daughter recently died he still needs time to recuperate and I won't push it. When they are ready the I will make myself ready. Then I may be able to give you some information that I may see.

Looking forward to this.
Posted by: underdog

Re: New Forum! - 04/20/06 09:18 AM

Thanks for the new forum. I intend to check in regularly. I study AMOK with Tom Sotis et al and while this isn't a Filipino art, Professor Sotis synthesizes what he does from these arts. I'll probably just read a lot more than I write but that is participation too.
Posted by: Kosh

Re: New Forum! - 04/20/06 02:15 PM

While I don`t practice a FMA, we do incorporate stuff from them. This should be and interesting forum, Filipino MAs are pretty amazing.
Posted by: JKogas

Re: New Forum! - 04/20/06 11:03 PM

The new forum should be cool. Looking forward to participating.

-John
Posted by: ShikataGaNai

Re: New Forum! - 04/21/06 02:39 PM

AAALLLLRRRRIIIIIGGGGHHHHTTTTTT!!!!!!!!
Posted by: IExcalibui2

Re: New Forum! - 06/29/06 11:57 AM

I maybe be really late or be asking a repeating question but since you listed Burma as an example of one of the countries then wouldnt Lethwei (Burmese Boxing) be included in this forum?? and if yes then Muay Thai would also belong here, seeing as Thailand is SE Asian. Just a random thought

Maybe its that the "boxing" forum is in a different category than SE Asian forum, seeing as one is comparing relative styleness of the arts while one is talking about countries of origin.
Posted by: ShikataGaNai

Re: New Forum! - 06/29/06 12:01 PM

I think it's just the way the cards fell.
Posted by: IExcalibui2

Re: New Forum! - 06/29/06 12:06 PM

yea I agree...I think I answered my own question
Posted by: kroh

Re: New Forum! - 08/10/06 04:18 PM

Holy POOP! I leave for a few months and Fighting Arts gets a new forum on my favorite topic!

Thanks for the forum and I hope to see you all around.
Regards,
Walt
Posted by: MattJ

Re: New Forum! - 08/10/06 04:34 PM

Pays to stick around, doesn't it?

Enjoy and contribute!