Bowing out

Posted by: underdog

Bowing out - 02/01/11 12:21 AM

Today I retired from martial arts. It is tough to be a 60 something year old female and still doing martial arts. I had a lot of fun on these forums and occasionally made some friends and exchanged e-mails. At one point I even moderated a section briefly. So thanks everyone for all the friendship and sharing. Good luck everyone. I'm continuing my training at the gym, it just the martial arts that I'm letting go.
Posted by: Mark Jordan

Re: Bowing out - 02/01/11 04:57 AM

The decision to retire from martial arts must have been a tough one. But in case you'll get bored martial arts will be waiting for you.

Thank you also! You have the full respect of everyone here.
Posted by: VDJ

Re: Bowing out - 02/01/11 02:21 PM

Though it gets harder as we get older there are still ways to participate. Teaching is always a good way of keeping your toes in the water, even though physical demonstration may not be possible, verbal instruction, not to mention experience is just as important. The other way is by officiating at tourneys or coaching. I only bring this up as many people think that once their bodies begin to fail them in different ways, they still have a love for the arts. If thats not the case for you and your just tired of the arts, then best of luck to you and thank you for your contributions,

VDJ
Posted by: oldman

Re: Bowing out - 02/01/11 04:52 PM

Well played. Continued good luck and good health.

Re: Bowing out - 02/01/11 06:47 PM

Thank you all for your well wishes. Your friendship means a lot.
Posted by: Shi Ronglang

Re: Bowing out - 02/02/11 05:34 AM

We're going to miss you... What's the PP forum going to become without its legendary bada$$ Granny? grin

Enjoy whatever new activity you'll fill the newly-freed time with.
I wish you good luck and great health. smile
Posted by: MattJ

Re: Bowing out - 02/02/11 11:28 AM

Take care and enjoy the reduced hematoma. smile

Re: Bowing out - 02/02/11 04:01 PM

Thanks everyone and LOL Matt. Yes Kyusho training always leaves a person with little bruises. I'll be working out hard. I have a trainer at the gym and I hope to lose a lot of weight. I know I can always go back. The door is open for me and that feels good.
Posted by: Ed_Morris

Re: Bowing out - 02/05/11 03:16 PM

how can you retire form MA? you could still do kata as exercise, yes?
Posted by: Cord

Re: Bowing out - 02/05/11 07:01 PM

Just because you stop participating does nto mean you lose your knowledge, nor your right to an opinion, so I hope that you still participate on the site, as you have every right to, and will be missed if you dont.
Come hang out in the strength forum and do a blog about your gym work if you like- I am sure it would be interesting and motivational for many, myself included,to share that journey with you smile