Me no speak good

Posted by: Prizewriter

Me no speak good - 08/04/10 02:25 PM

Hello all

I've been going over some of my recent posts for the last while. I've noticed that compared to my much older posts they don't seem to be as articulate.

I use to read and write all the time. I had a clerical job that meant I was reading reports and writing letters all day. I use to work up in the city. I got the bus up and would usually read for pleasure on the bus.

A few years ago I moved in to the IT area of work. Since then, I've been writing a lot less. When I read, it tends to be a very small part of a technical book (usually to find a piece of code to get my program to work lol!). So my writing is limited, and what reading I do tends to be actual jargon (computer code).

I've only started reading for pleasure again recently.

I have a theory that because I am writing less and (up until recently) reading less than I use to that my communicative ability isn't just as sharp as it was. So please to bear with me!

Just wanted to put that out there!
Posted by: MattJ

Re: Me no speak good - 08/04/10 03:03 PM

Somebody translate PW's drivel for me, please. Just kidding, man. laugh
Posted by: Prizewriter

Re: Me no speak good - 08/05/10 10:32 AM

grin
Posted by: Stormdragon

Re: Me no speak good - 08/06/10 04:24 AM

Dude it'll come back, trust me. I thought my intelligence was permanently dismantled after joining the Army but it's starting to return little by little.
Posted by: Dereck

Re: Me no speak good - 08/06/10 05:24 PM

I've been noticing for myself I'm not remembering as well as I used to; almost like I'm bored and couldn't be bothered. I'm going to start doing crossword puzzles and stuff to challenge the brain; that should help.

For me, I always write more then enough, perhaps too many thoughts in my head or because I have to provide so much information for work and now the RC.

I personally think that without challenges to ourselves we get into a slump and just coast by. It is kind of like not working out and starting to gain unwanted weight. Without challenging your muscles it is all down hill. So challenge the brain, challenge the body and reap the rewards. Food for thought.