Fightingarts T-shirts?

Posted by: bo-ken

Fightingarts T-shirts? - 07/23/08 12:42 PM

I think it would be cool if there was fightingart.com t-shirts. Does anyone else agree with me? We could have everyone vote on a design.

Let me know what you think.
Posted by: MattJ

Re: Fightingarts T-shirts? - 07/23/08 12:51 PM

I brought this up a while back with Mr. Caile, but nothing ever came of it. If enough people respond, though.......
Posted by: tkd_high_green

Re: Fightingarts T-shirts? - 07/23/08 01:40 PM

Seems to me people would be more willing to put down for a FA tee-shirt rather than put up with the extra adds...

Laura
Posted by: Dereck

Re: Fightingarts T-shirts? - 07/23/08 02:03 PM

Wouldn't pay for one and wouldn't wear one even if it was free. Has nothing to do with the recent aggravation of all of the extra ads; that is just me. Speaking of ads though, if a shirt was made would it have all of these ads on them?
Posted by: harlan

Re: Fightingarts T-shirts? - 07/23/08 03:17 PM

Interesting. There used to be a member/mod here that actually supported this site as a paying member. At least, I think that was so...maybe it was more of use the e-store here. T-shirt or ads? Almost feels like...extortion.

Personally, while I've tried to contribute, I don't feel that I've 'gotten' anything from this site (that I can put a dollar value on anyway). And I'll be darned if I'm going to act as a walking advert for the place.

IS this a community? Or more like a delusion of community (as in the Buddhist sense of delusion)? If it is community...what are my rights and responsibilities? FAQ's don't begin to cover it. And really, if I had a choice of t-shirts that advocated MA...the only one I might be inclined to wear would have our dojo group on it.

Nope. Not buying.

Quote:

Seems to me people would be more willing to put down for a FA tee-shirt rather than put up with the extra adds...

Laura

Posted by: JasonM

Re: Fightingarts T-shirts? - 07/23/08 03:25 PM

I have to agree.

I do liek coming here, and meeting/discussing with yall but to advertize by wearing a T-shirt, heck no..
Posted by: fileboy2002

Re: Fightingarts T-shirts? - 07/24/08 05:01 PM

Wearing a T-shirt that announces to the world you are a martial artist is one of the more foolish things you can do. Why?

1)It warns anyone who might attack you that you are a trained fighter--not something you want an potential attacker to know.

2)It will encourage every loud-mouth yahoo to prove his "karate ain't @#$%" theory by attacking you.

Keep your training a secret from all but those you trust.
Posted by: JasonM

Re: Fightingarts T-shirts? - 07/25/08 07:28 AM

a secret? lol

Ya think MMA fighter that were there clubs shirts get jumped and challenged?

Just because ya weare a T-shirt doesn't always mean you train.

I have seen many people wear TapOut shirts just because they like to watch UFC.
Posted by: bo-ken

Re: Fightingarts T-shirts? - 07/27/08 09:48 PM

I like T-shirts and I always tell people to check this site so I guess I advertise already.

Re: Fightingarts T-shirts? - 07/28/08 03:01 PM

I suspect most MMA fighters who wear club shirts do not get jumped because MMA have such a fearsome reputation. However, most other arts do not. Wearing a T-shirt with "taekwondo" or "kung fu" scrawled on it is as likely to provoke an attack as deter one.
Posted by: RazorFoot

Re: Fightingarts T-shirts? - 07/28/08 04:13 PM

I have worn martial arts related shirts for years and never once had any problem with anyone trying to prove my "Krotty aint shite". Most people ask where the school is and what we teach because the think their kids might enjoy it or some other reason like that.

I would wear a FA.com T-shirt and think nothing of it.
Posted by: BrianS

Re: Fightingarts T-shirts? - 07/28/08 04:20 PM

Quote:

I suspect most MMA fighters who wear club shirts do not get jumped because MMA have such a fearsome reputation. However, most other arts do not. Wearing a T-shirt with "taekwondo" or "kung fu" scrawled on it is as likely to provoke an attack as deter one.

What a stupid assumption. I have worn my club's karate shirts for years and have never been "jumped" because of it. It has sparked some interesting conversations though.

Re: Fightingarts T-shirts? - 07/28/08 04:25 PM

Just a reminder...a t-shirt is advertising. Considering the rising costs of keeping myself clothed...I would consider selling ad-space. Of course, it would be calc'ed by the inch, and a differential rate would apply whether or not it was on the the back...or the front.
Posted by: RazorFoot

Re: Fightingarts T-shirts? - 07/28/08 04:27 PM

I would like to purchase an ad on the front please but it will be in braille so people would have to read it...No, I am not even going to finish that statement and I am apologizing right now, lol.
Posted by: MattJ

Re: Fightingarts T-shirts? - 07/28/08 04:47 PM

Quote:

Just a reminder...a t-shirt is advertising. Considering the rising costs of keeping myself clothed...I would consider selling ad-space. Of course, it would be calc'ed by the inch, and a differential rate would apply whether or not it was on the the back...or the front.

I WILL PAY TOP DOLLAR TO EITHER ADVERTISE ON OR TO BE SUBJECT TO ADS (ESPECIALLY BRAILLE ONES) ON THE FRONT OF HARLAN'S SHIRT.

Re: Fightingarts T-shirts? - 07/28/08 04:53 PM

Oh...this could turn out to be quite a titillating new revenue sideline for me.

I'm also selling space on an extremely tight pair of jeans.
Posted by: eyrie

Re: Fightingarts T-shirts? - 07/29/08 02:26 AM

So... these (ahem) ads, are they pay per click or pay per impression? More importantly... will roving eyeballs get a 400, 401, 403, 405, 406 or 503 error?

Re: Fightingarts T-shirts? - 07/29/08 06:46 PM

Stupid, huh? Well, maybe people in Arkansas are friendlier than in Chicago.

And I never meant to say it would happen, only that it could. If you don't mind, go right ahead.
Posted by: Usenthemighty

Re: Fightingarts T-shirts? - 07/30/08 12:03 AM

Yes make T-shirts that be heck a cool.
but the getting jumped thing was too funny.

Re: Fightingarts T-shirts? - 08/02/08 05:46 PM

I have seen the "getting jumped thing" happen several times, especially when teenagers were involved. Believe me, it is not funny at all.
Posted by: BrianS

Re: Fightingarts T-shirts? - 08/03/08 01:07 PM

Quote:

Stupid, huh? Well, maybe people in Arkansas are friendlier than in Chicago.

And I never meant to say it would happen, only that it could. If you don't mind, go right ahead.

I have no doubt that people here are friendlier.

Lots of things could happen,but I don't hang out with neanderthals either.

Maybe it's the situation people put themselves in or how they portray themselves when sporting C4g3f1ght1ng T-Shirts,lol.