Posted by: TheCrab

Re: IRON MAN - 05/04/08 01:23 AM

F***N OATH
Posted by: Raul Perez

Re: IRON MAN - 05/04/08 05:07 PM

it was a sick movie
Posted by: preangel

Re: IRON MAN - 05/04/08 06:20 PM

yup yup! I hope their already working on the next one & that it turns out just as good !!!!!
also if you haven't see it yet it's likely your living under a rock.
Posted by: WhiteDragon11

Re: IRON MAN - 05/04/08 09:11 PM

Haha yeah pretty much. It would sold out for every time at the first theater. I got lucky and caught a later movie at a different theater.
Posted by: Cord

Re: IRON MAN - 05/04/08 09:19 PM

I am looking forward to it, of course the cast have already signed for a trilogy anyway, but its grossed over 100 million in its first weekend alone, so looks like that was a good move on their part.

I just cant get as excited by this knowing that we are less than a year away from a 'Watchmen' movie.

mainstream superhero movies are always generic but fun, so will get round to seeing iron man when the crowds have buggered off.
Posted by: Dereck

Re: IRON MAN - 05/05/08 04:08 PM

Seen the movie on the weekend with some friends. Later I find out that at the end of the credits there is another clip so if you don't know already ... STAY TILL THE END. I Googled it today and most of the end videos have been cut off however I was able to find one that worked ... but for how long I don't know. For those that seen the movie and did not wait till after the credits ... here it is.

WARNING, DO NOT WATCH THIS IF YOU HAVE NOT WATCHED THE MOVIE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TLNu4G6XQg
Posted by: Zombie Zero

Re: IRON MAN - 05/05/08 04:15 PM

They couldn't have found anybody better to play Tony Stark. Robert Downey, Jr. was perfect for the role.

He's stated that he'd agree to do 15 Iron Man movies, if they asked him.

Did everyone stay until the end of the credits?
Posted by: student_of_life

Re: IRON MAN - 05/05/08 04:19 PM

when the hell is the watchman coming out?

and as a side note, i do live under a rock. the theater in my town closed this past winter cause the pipes froze and destroyed the place, and now the closest one to me is 2.5 hors away....i hate newfoundland any one want to take a room mate?
Posted by: MattyChi

Re: IRON MAN - 05/05/08 04:42 PM

I definitely did not stay for the credits, thanks a ton for posting that, that is awesome. Samuel L. Jackson tho.....comeon haha

Re: IRON MAN - 05/05/08 08:17 PM

wait what there was a clip at the end of the credits?!?!!!?!!!?!!!!! now I feel jipped... thanks for posting the vid from youtube!!

Re: IRON MAN - 05/06/08 05:06 AM

Quote:

when the hell is the watchman coming out?

2009. Google images of it- they have released cast stills in costume. Some changes obviously, but it looks like they are in keeping with the spirit of it- so far.
Going to be absolutely killer
Posted by: RazorFoot

Re: IRON MAN - 05/06/08 01:27 PM

On a Marvel movie, ALWAYS stay until the final credits have rolled. marvel always sticks something at the very end everytime. And I do agree, I would not have picked Samuel jackson. Maybe Ving Rhames or Michael Clark Duncan. Wait, Michael Jai White would have been great but that is just my opinion. In any case, I can't wait for the sequel.
Posted by: Neko456

Re: IRON MAN - 05/06/08 01:43 PM

I saw the movie Robert was awesome as Iron man almost like he was playing himself spoiled, rich and addicted. Unaware of what he was doing to his career/weapons until he created/played Iron Man.

I wish they would have stayed closer to Comic with his heart problem not the Atomic pace maker.

I also agree Samuel Jackson agent must be jumping on any part thats available from Star Wars to Nick Fury, hell Samuel let somebody else play a part. I think someone else would fit the part of Nick Fury better. But you gotta give Sam's agent kudos for being a good retriever.

Damn Sam give someone else a chance to make some money, someone that looks more like Nick Fury should look.

I think the old guy that played night rider would be better.
Posted by: Zombie Zero

Re: IRON MAN - 05/06/08 01:44 PM

From Wikipedia:

Quote:

Samuel L. Jackson gave his consent for Marvel Comics to design their "Ultimate" version of the character Nick Fury after his likeness. Jackson had a cameo as the character in the 2008 Iron Man film.

So there.

Re: IRON MAN - 05/06/08 01:52 PM

Doesn't make the choice of using him suck any less though Zombie, sorry, lol. He is not a tough guy and never will be. When ever he is placed in roles like this, it really bothers me. He sucked as Shaft and that was a character I really liked. He is a good actor but some roles need more than just good acting. They need a certain screen presence to sell them and he just doesn't have what it takes to be Fury.

Re: IRON MAN - 05/06/08 02:00 PM

He will always be Jules Winnfield (Pulp Fiction) to me talking about burgers. Here's some funny lines from the movie.

http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0001783/quotes
Posted by: MattyChi

Re: IRON MAN - 05/06/08 03:48 PM

yea, I love Pulp Fiction.

"what ain't no country I ever heard of...they speak English in what?"

Re: IRON MAN - 05/06/08 03:50 PM

OK, I went to see Iron Man today, and was really not expecting anything other than an entertaining popcorn movie. Wow. I was so pleasantly suprised. I thought it was awesome! Downey Jnr. was fantastic- an inspired piece of casting (I am so glad Tom Cruise didnt get his hands on it). If i had a complaint, it would be that Obidiah Stain was not a particularly memorable villain, and they seemed to rush the Iron man vs Iron man final showdown a bit, but that really is nit picking in an otherwise superb movie.
Doesnt Gwyneth Paltrow look like Lisa Kudrow when she gets glammed up?
Lets hope that they dont do a spiderman- ie. start with a great movie, and then screw up the sequels.

Re: IRON MAN - 05/06/08 05:46 PM

Quote:

Lets hope that they dont do a spiderman- ie. start with a great movie, and then screw up the sequels.

all the spiderman movies were just titanic with spandex lol

Re: IRON MAN - 05/06/08 06:31 PM

Re: IRON MAN - 05/06/08 10:07 PM

anyone think sam jackson will be able to over act the "hof"?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=RB6qz9xSgDs&feature=related

just follow throgh all 10 if you stomach the bad accents and sweet special effects. the 90's truely were our darkest hour...
Posted by: JasonM

Re: IRON MAN - 05/06/08 11:35 PM

hey now..back off of spidey..

Re: IRON MAN - 05/07/08 02:31 AM

Quote:

as long as he calls someone a mother***er! in the movie, it doesnt matter.

Re: IRON MAN - 05/07/08 04:46 AM

Quote:

hey now..back off of spidey..

I wish Raimi had after number 1.

Re: IRON MAN - 05/07/08 10:36 AM

Quote:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=RB6qz9xSgDs&feature=related

just follow throgh all 10 if you stomach the bad accents and sweet special effects. the 90's truely were our darkest hour...

That clip was horrible. Started and I thought it had promise and I wondered why I had never seen it and wished I had until Hasslehoff ruined it.

Re: IRON MAN - 05/07/08 01:03 PM

The sequels to Spiderman blew large chunks. Sorry for the less than eloquent visual but they truly deserve only that description. X-Men is the only superhero movie thus far where the sequel, X2, was better than the original.

I would like to see how they introduce Captain America, Thor, (Gi)Antman, and the Wasp if they do ever attempt an Avengers movie. Cap should definitely have his on movie since he is by far one of my favorite heroes of all time. They have tried to do his movie twice before but unsuccessfully. I am hoping that with technology the way it is now, they will have more success this time around. No, I havent heard any talks about it but I am hoping they do develop a Captain America movie with Steve Rodgers as Cap. If done well, it would be spectacular.

Re: IRON MAN - 05/07/08 01:37 PM

Steve Rogers? Are you talking about a real person named this or who Captain America really is?

And if they do make a Captain America movie perhaps he can meet with my favorite superhero ... Captain Canuck.

Re: IRON MAN - 05/07/08 02:50 PM

wow ... i didn't know there was a hero with the name of "captain CANUCK "... it, it.... sry but it rings wrong in my head whenever i say the the word "CANUCK "... I'M NOT DOUBTING THAT HE IS A COOL HERO THOUGH.....

Re: IRON MAN - 05/07/08 03:25 PM

his power is the ability to jersey any one and then go on a break away straight into the heart of injustice!

Re: IRON MAN - 05/07/08 03:47 PM

Posted by: Tashigae

Re: IRON MAN - 05/07/08 04:27 PM

Quote:

his power is the ability to jersey any one and then go on a break away straight into the heart of injustice!

Strange , I had heard his power was to chuck trees down with his bare hands, materialise mystical bear-traps, and ensnare his opponents in maple syrup...

How about Super Dupont, the French superhero?
("Dupont" is meant to be the archetype of French plain surnames, a bit like "Smith" in Anglo-Saxon countries)

Re: IRON MAN - 05/07/08 05:52 PM

Funny stuff.
Posted by: Tashigae

Re: IRON MAN - 05/07/08 06:40 PM

He was never meant as a "serious" character, he was created by a famous cartoonist as a caricature of France's more overly patriotic types . Pretty much a compilation of all the clichés associated with the average French middle-class guy... Kind of a super-hero equivalent of America's Homer Simpson .

Re: IRON MAN - 05/07/08 08:17 PM

dang... this should be the super thread not the iron-man thread...
btw has anyone heard of a hero called Iron Fist??

Re: IRON MAN - 05/08/08 05:35 AM

If they make Captain America, it should star Randy Couture. No contest.

As for Canadian superhero's- any love for Alpha Flight? I thought they were awesome.
Posted by: MattJ

Re: IRON MAN - 05/08/08 08:02 AM

Quote:

dang... this should be the super thread not the iron-man thread...
btw has anyone heard of a hero called Iron Fist??

Sure, I used to read Luke Cage and Iron Fist when I was younger. They were making a movie about them a while back. Not sure what happened with it.

Re: IRON MAN - 05/08/08 09:16 AM

Quote:

Sure, I used to read Luke Cage and Iron Fist when I was younger.

sounds like you were a hit with the ladies matt

haha

Re: IRON MAN - 05/08/08 09:24 AM

Re: IRON MAN - 05/08/08 10:05 AM

Iron Fist/Daniel Rand was supposed to be in a movie with Ray Park playing Iron Fist. That would have been a great. I would actually use someone else for the acting and Ray Park for the fight scenes. Ray isnt a very good actor but an incredible MA. LLCool J was supposed to be Luke Cage but it didnt happen.

Alpha Flight was one of my favorite groups back in the day until they made North Star gay. Wasn't very fond of that plot twist but never stopped me from reading the book. Sasquatch, Puck, Snowbird, North Star, Aurora, Shaman, Guardian, Box, and I think her name was Diamond Lil were the members I remember most. There was a Beta and Gamma flight too but I do not remember their members.

Puck was pretty much a half sized Wolverine without the claws and remember, in the books, Wolverine is short to begin with, lol. Good Stuff

Hey Dereck, does Captain Canuck have any special powers or is he pretty much Canada's version of our own Captain America?

Re: IRON MAN - 05/08/08 10:07 AM

Quote:

As for Canadian superhero's- any love for Alpha Flight? I thought they were awesome.

Not as good as Captain Canuck but a pretty cool group. First seen in a X-Men comic. Unfortunately a lot of Canadian Stereotypes for making the characters.

- Guardian: Originally Weapon Alpha, then Vindicator, James MacDonald Hudson is a scientist from Ottawa who wears a suit of battle-armor allowing him to fly and manipulate Earth's magnetic field. Guardian is sometimes the team leader, and wears a stylized maple leaf flag on his costume.

- Vindicator: Heather MacNeil is the wife of James Hudson. After Guardian's apparent death in Alpha Flight (vol. 1) #12, she takes his costume and becomes field leader of the team.

- Marrina: An amphibious woman from Newfoundland, she was a former member of Beta Flight before joining Alpha Flight. She is actually part of an extraterrestrial invading force known as the Plodex.

- Northstar: Jean-Paul Beaubier is a mutant with powers of super-speed and light generation. He was the first openly homosexual superhero in the Marvel Universe. He eventually becomes a member of the X-Men.

- Aurora: Jeanne-Marie Beaubier is Northstar's schizophrenic twin sister. Like her brother, she is also a mutant with powers of super-speed, flight, light generation, and molecular acceleration.

- Puck: Eugene Judd is a dwarf bouncer from Saskatoon with enhanced strength and extraordinary acrobatic abilities.

- Sasquatch: Walter Langowski is a scientist from British Columbia who can transform into a giant fur-covered beast resembling a Sasquatch. This character originally developed his powers from a Hulk-inspired gamma radiation experiment that was affected by a solar-flare. Eventually it is explained that Sasquatch is actually a mystical monster.

- Shaman: Michael Twoyoungmen is a First Nations medicine man from Calgary. He is both a skilled doctor and sorcerer.

- Snowbird: Also known as Narya, she is an Inuit demi-goddess from Yellowknife who can transform into animals of the north.

Re: IRON MAN - 05/08/08 03:33 PM

he dosen't have the cool sheild because he had to choose between that or free health care. bahahaha.

Re: IRON MAN - 05/08/08 04:26 PM

Correct. He gets hurt he has the healthcare to protect him whereas Captain America is screwed and would be paying for life and his children's children would still be paying for it.

Re: IRON MAN - 05/08/08 05:58 PM

who would play the cunuck in a movie? my vote is Jim Carrey.

Re: IRON MAN - 05/08/08 06:15 PM

Me.

Re: IRON MAN - 05/09/08 01:17 PM

I do think you could pull it off D but spandex isnt for everybody so go with the red & white leathers, okay? LOL.

Re: IRON MAN - 05/09/08 01:18 PM

Razor doesn't speak for us all, Dereck! SPANDEX IT IS!

Re: IRON MAN - 05/09/08 01:30 PM

Thanks guys. When I get the call I will get to work on chiseling my physique so that I can try on both to see how I look. And if need be I will send you two the test prints to get your opinions. Who knows Scottie, you may like me in spandex.

Re: IRON MAN - 05/12/08 03:01 PM

Dereck, I like you now but with spandex on, I would have to like you from a distance, lol. Matt, on the other hand, may want to like you much closer.

Re: IRON MAN - 05/13/08 10:22 AM

Love ... exciting and new ... come aboard ....

Re: IRON MAN - 05/13/08 02:39 PM

Dereck, when does the boat leave dock???

CAUSE I'D HATE TO BE LEFT ALONE--E!!! (jk...)

Re: IRON MAN - 05/13/08 04:03 PM

Sorry preangel, the Love Boat left the dock with its last cruise in the 80's however it has tried to make some come backs and had some reunions ... HOWEVER ... for you dude, I'll see if they can come and pick you up so you are not alone.

(I hope you know what the Love Boat is?)

PLAY ME: http://home.comcast.net/~midimusic2006/Love_Boat.mp3

Re: IRON MAN - 05/13/08 09:25 PM

some of the "best" hair cuts i've seen im my short life time.

Re: IRON MAN - 05/14/08 02:33 PM

yes and i don't think i care to romance upon those days....
Posted by: trevek

Re: IRON MAN - 05/18/08 04:14 PM

just seen iron man. well cool. troubl is poles don't stay until the end so the credits went off before the clip. can someone pm me and say what happens.

the link is down now