Vent

Posted by: tkd_high_green

Vent - 03/27/08 10:27 PM

It's bad enough that martial arts uniforms only come in five or six sizes, but do they really need to add 6 feet of material to the ends of the legs and arms? I mean, how many 10 foot tall martial artists are there anyway?

Laura
Posted by: BrianS

Re: Vent - 03/27/08 10:34 PM

Dang. How big do they need to make them?

Usually, if they are a bigger size it's because they believe you are a tall, large person.

You could just hem them up ya know.

My rant...do they need to make judo gi's so friggin big in the waist just to get the length I need? I wear a 6,but I'm not 44" around!!
Posted by: harlan

Re: Vent - 03/27/08 10:41 PM

And why do they come as a set? What if I want a top in one style/cut/size/color, and the bottom in another?
Posted by: BrianS

Re: Vent - 03/27/08 11:03 PM

You can buy them seperate at some places.
Posted by: Dereck

Re: Vent - 03/28/08 11:50 AM

Brian, I haven't found places locally that I can but them separately. I had a similar problem with my own uniform recently. I have a larger upper body due to weight lifting so in order to fit the top the pants could almost fit the two of me. The crotch comes to my knees and if I cut the legs then would look like I have extremely short legs; and they are already short enough. So I got one size smaller and the legs fit good, though I still had to cut and hem them however the top is a little tighter then I'd like to have.

I just can't win when it comes to uniforms.
Posted by: ButterflyPalm

Re: Vent - 03/28/08 11:59 AM

Quote:

I just can't win when it comes to uniforms.

...that's why they are called uniforms.
Posted by: MattJ

Re: Vent - 03/28/08 12:13 PM

Dereck -

Check online. You can definitley buy tops and pants seperately. I'm pretty sure Atama sells them seperately, and I think Century does, too.
Posted by: Dereck

Re: Vent - 03/28/08 03:07 PM

As I do need a secondary uniform (good point BFP, never thought if it that way), I will certainly look that up. I just hate ordering online but that may be what I have to do.

Thanks Matt.