If one of those bottles of beer should fall....

Posted by: JKogas

If one of those bottles of beer should fall.... - 03/26/08 06:25 PM

Nine thousand, 900, bottles of beer on the wall.
Posted by: MattJ

Re: If one of those bottles of beer should fall.... - 03/26/08 06:30 PM

Lots of quality stuff in there, John. Several of your posts are in my "Favorites". Looking forward to 10K+, and some personally applied hematoma from you in the future.

Re: If one of those bottles of beer should fall... - 03/26/08 06:46 PM

No hematoma from ME Matt...just some good training.

The one thing I absolutely hate is hitting someone I like, lol. I honestly have a hard time sparring my students and partners. Most of the time I go light as I've said before. When I have to ramp it up, I do so because it's hit or be hit, ya know.

At any rate, I hope to see you guys at some point down the road. It should be a lot of fun.

-John
Posted by: Cord

Re: If one of those bottles of beer should fall... - 03/26/08 06:59 PM

Thanks for sticking around JK, I know that the site gets frustrating for you sometimes, but for what its worth, I always look forward to your input, and I know many others do too.
Keep the faith

Cord

Re: If one of those bottles of beer should fall... - 03/26/08 08:07 PM

Thanks Cord! Guys like you and a few others really keep me hangin' around here. It's still fun and getting more so these days. I've found some renewed passion for what I do and I still enjoy writing about it.

-John
Posted by: BrianS

Re: If one of those bottles of beer should fall... - 03/26/08 09:24 PM

Quote:

The one thing I absolutely hate is hitting someone I like, lol. I honestly have a hard time sparring my students and partners.

Hmmm... I've never had that problem as long as we are friends.

Ditto what Coed said.

Re: If one of those bottles of beer should fall... - 03/26/08 10:15 PM

Brian,

You know that you're not terribly far away. You should really try and coordinate a visit here when Matt and Scottie come to town. We'll all have a great time beating each other senseless. Then we'll have dinner afterward with liquid refreshment for those so inclined.

By the way, whenever any of you come to visit, plan on staying at least one night (if possible) so as to get plenty of time for training in.
Posted by: oldman

Re: If one of those bottles of beer should fall... - 03/26/08 10:34 PM

John,
I have to warn you, these guys are not above the "Visit Tease". "Yeah Duuuuuuuude we're all goin' to KANSAS!!! We'll all be there on the 18th!!!!!.

pffft.

I'm gonna have to settle for Brad and his wife and a lovely dinner out.

BTW, about your contribution here. Even though I haven't forsaken "dead patterns" yet, don't for a moment underestimate the impact you have had on my training or me personally. You have helped me grow in many ways. I respect both you and what you have brought to the site. Thanks.
Posted by: BrianS

Re: If one of those bottles of beer should fall... - 03/26/08 11:09 PM

I may still make it Mark. I'll know when it gets a little closer.

John,

I'll keep that invitation as a long term one until I can find the time. I'd be honored.

Re: If one of those bottles of beer should fall... - 03/27/08 07:36 AM

Mark,

I've been on this site for over five years now. I was a different person in those early days than I am now. I was more insecure perhaps and argued much more vehemently about my beliefs and opinions. Its funny how things change with time, particularly with the fact that I’m not as insecure and much more confident in what I see as the truth. I suppose nowadays, I just see a wider path toward that truth than I used to see.

There's been a lot of change to have occurred over that period of time for me. I think its fair to say that we all experience a lot of good and bad in just about ANY five year stretch, and sometimes the bad I've seen has been taken out on people here...just as has been the good. But at the end of the day, we just keep on truckin' don't we? That’s the bottom line.

If I have had ANY sort of positive influence on anyone here (or elsewhere), that’s about all I could ask for. I feel honored and also somewhat humbled in a sense as well, and I certainly appreciate the kind words.

You know, there have been times where I just threw the crap out there to see what managed to stick, but honestly, I came here not only because I felt like arguing (which I did), but because I wanted to test and more closely examine what I believed in through those debates as well. Ultimately I just wanted to continue my learning and growth. That's happening all the time I'm happy to say.

I guess what I trying to say is that I'm glad that all of the hot air I've spouted here has been worthwhile to some extent. It's always a work in progress.

Thanks to all.

-John
Posted by: MattJ

Re: If one of those bottles of beer should fall... - 03/27/08 10:55 AM

Quote:

John,
I have to warn you, these guys are not above the "Visit Tease". "Yeah Duuuuuuuude we're all goin' to KANSAS!!! We'll all be there on the 18th!!!!!.

pffft.

Apologies, Mark. The situation here has been a bit unstable for both me and Scottie. I feel terrible that I couldn't make it out there this time. But if it makes you feel anybody, Scottie and I have trying to coordinate something to get down to JKogas, with no luck yet, either.

We'll get there, guys! Errr......Sometime!
Posted by: oldman

Re: If one of those bottles of beer should fall... - 03/27/08 11:05 AM

I'm just yanking yer chain.
Posted by: Dereck

Re: If one of those bottles of beer should fall... - 03/27/08 12:50 PM

John, always one of my favorite people on this site. Straight to the point, hard-nosed at times, very knowledgeable, "understands" the right way of training ... don't change for anybody and just be you. That is the person I like. Glad you are still around.
Posted by: RazorFoot

Re: If one of those bottles of beer should fall... - 03/27/08 03:41 PM

Mark, thanks for the hospitality bud and sorry to disappoint this time but we will get out there again. Just trying to coordinate with Mr J to make sure both our schedules and lives are stable enough to support the trip, lol.

And yes John, we WILL get down there eventually, lol. A 5-6 hour drive is a little easier to make. I am hoping we can make it down there before the ECGT in August but we will have to see how things work out. Always a pleasure to have you around bud.
Posted by: butterfly

Re: If one of those bottles of beer should fall.... - 03/27/08 03:49 PM

Yo, Big JK!

In any case, food for thought in most of your posts. Got me thinking in several which is more than I can say for some other reads I have had.

Hope all's well with life....and keep on posting.