A Little Help With The Ladies

Posted by: oldman

A Little Help With The Ladies - 02/27/08 03:26 PM

Guys,
Actually it might be more accurate to say "Help for the ladies". I'm currently working on a project at work. The problem / opportunity is that everyone else involved on my team is female. As much as I enjoy serving as the Ambassador from Jackassastan and helping them understand what is important to guys and what makes us tick, I could us some help.

The ladies would like to ask a few questions. You could answer any or none of them. I have learned a lot about from you guys in the time that I've been here. Could you help them... and ME.

Basically, I need a little help with the ladies.

Some of their questions...

1.Hobbies or interests-how do you spend your free time?

2. If you had to tell people in 30 secs what you are about-what comes to mind?

3.Did you ever send a guy a card?

4.What is it you feel is really important to you?

5.What is the nicest thing anyone has done for you? Was it a family member or friend?

6. Who knows you the best?

7. Have you ever kept a card that someone gave you or do you just pitch them? If you kept it, Why?

8. What is the coolest or most meaningful thing you lady could say or has said to you?

9. What is something you would never want a card to say?

10. About the language on a card, Rhyming, slang, mushy, funny? does it matter?

11. Would you could choose only one, would you rather be loved or respected?

12.How can I become a UFC ring girl?

Thanks guys. Any imput would be great.
Posted by: butterfly

Re: A Little Help With The Ladies - 02/27/08 03:34 PM

3. Guy to guy cards: Congrats and condolences only.

7. Kept cards? Only those that were home made or had personal notes written in them, not the casual "nice" line or two.

10. Language? Clear and to the point, no slang. Always sounds cheap and wannabe when written by someone you don't know.

11. Loved or respected? Hard one there and would need more clarification. Ewok or Darth Vader....hmmmm.
Posted by: Zombie Zero

Re: A Little Help With The Ladies - 02/27/08 03:57 PM

Quote:

"I tested positive."

I'll have a more serious response later, after I unburden myself of this "work" stuff.
Posted by: MattJ

Re: A Little Help With The Ladies - 02/27/08 04:20 PM

Yes. Thanks, Congrats, Happy Birthday.

Besides sex, money and violence? What else is there?

My best friend.

7. Have you ever kept a card that someone gave you or do you just pitch them? If you kept it, Why?

Mostly pitch 'em, but I have kept a few that had personal messages on them.

8. What is the coolest or most meaningful thing you lady could say or has said to you?

"YES"

"Sorry to hear of your recent incarceration"

Funny.

Currently living that nightmare now.

I seem to remember a certain picture of Mark in a grass skirt.......

Re: A Little Help With The Ladies - 02/27/08 05:10 PM

MattJ,
It was my manager that asked me to wear the grass skirt.
I threw in the coconut bra on my own.
Posted by: Dereck

Re: A Little Help With The Ladies - 02/27/08 05:17 PM

Martial Arts & Weight Lifting at least 5 times a week; a big part of my life. When my wife goes to bed I will many times play on Xbox Live with FPS games. Enjoy watching movies.

Loyal, hard working, honest, physically fit, determined and a very soft heart.

A buddy on his birthday; sure ... but my wife probably bought it.

My family and continuing in my training. Sometimes I lose sight and my training takes more of my family life and I need a kick in the butt to correct it.

5.What is the nicest thing anyone has done for you? Was it a family member or friend?

Too many things to list; all done by my wife. Buys me little presents when out such as chocolates and stuff. Sends flowers to work on Valentines Day or for special occasions because she is thinking of me. Always thinking of me.

I also have a good buddy that goes out of his way to do things for me; thanks Shawn.

My wife.

I don't keep them now but I have a box still to this day that I have kept all of the stuff that my wife gave me from cards to little gifts. I'm 39 and we first got together when we were 17; if that tells you how long I've kept it. She has the same kept of the stuff I gave her; even just sentimental things like the little rock I gave her that I picked off of the ground when walking one day with her and told her to keep; she still has it.

I love you; forever.

Anything to end the relationship. Have something from a lawyer in it.

No, as long as it was given with good intentions (ie. love) then I'm good with that.

Loved.

You are always my favorite ring girl and I'm the jealous type and don't want to share you with the world.
Posted by: Cord

Re: A Little Help With The Ladies - 02/27/08 05:41 PM

Some of their questions...

Xbox. Training. Movies. Tattoos.

Having fun, helping out, being strong for myself and others, expressing opinions, trying to listen, taking pride in all i do.

Yep- leaving work cards. Birthday cards. xmas cards. Fathers day cards. get well cards.

Family, work, and personal time and the balance between the 3.

Parents. Loving me despite who I was from 16-25 years of age. forgiving me for said time frame.

Me

Most I just ditch. Have cards from momentous occasions (18th+21st birthdays, wedding, anniversary) Anything else I dont keep as a rule.

I do.

'Sorry I shot you, hope they can sew it back on'

Yes. On balance, funny is safest (though not humour aimed at the recipient- ie. 'your so old.....' etc, just genuine humour that laughs with, not at).
For valentines/anniversary, I go sincere and simple over mushy. Mushy is not me. at all.

Feared. Joking. If i cant have both, then I will take respected.

Strict health and fitness regime, meticulous grooming, and the only cosmetic surgery would be dental- UFC dont go for the silicone/botox look.

Cord.

Re: A Little Help With The Ladies - 02/27/08 06:14 PM

Thanks guys you are doing great.
Posted by: Zombie Zero

Re: A Little Help With The Ladies - 02/27/08 07:01 PM

Here, I'm thinking of 'free time' as 'when I'm alone' so, video games, homebrewing, reading, solving puzzles, and other essential dorkery.

Humor, simplicity, playing the hand I'm dealt without complaining about the cards I didn't get.

No, and I don't talk at the urinal, either.

If you mean in a relationship, then first and foremost comes honesty. Without it, everything else crumbles like poinsettia leaves in January.

When I was 6 years old, someone stole my Incredible Hulk Big Wheel. My older sister (with whom I was always at odds) went out and found the kid who took it, beat the snot out of him, and brought my bike back. That remains a hard act to follow.

My older sister. Now that we are adults, when in times of need, we're able to shed our sibling roles, and talk to one another person-to-person.

I keep things like my niece's christening invitation, and programs from my younger sister's plays. Birthday cards and the like go in the circular file after about a month. I've never received a card or any other type of gift from a girlfriend.

Nothing specific. Unprovoked compliments make me stand a little taller.

"There's something I need to tell you." Those seven words are never followed by good news.

Anything, as long as it went straight from heart to pen. Nothing overly thought-out, that reads like it was written by Maya Angelou's understudy.

Respect comes from love. It doesn't necessarily work the other way around.

A thousand-watt smile goes a loooong way.
Posted by: JoshuaMonjin

Re: A Little Help With The Ladies - 02/27/08 07:54 PM

1. Besides the martial arts, I read alot, watch BBC America, and spend time online.
2. Honest, tactful, open-minded to a point, loyal when deserved, think of myself as funny, and a private person.
3. No.
4. Honesty, faith, humor, discipline, and self-control.
5. Allowing me to train when my finances are at rock bottom, my sensei, and my families support for same reason.
6. My parents.
7. I keep cards that have meaning and/or say something special otherwise I toss em.
8. Not married.
9. A permanent goodbye or that someone I knew died.
10. Anything but slang, if you can't talk the time to say it properly what's the point?
11. Loved
12. Have a pretty face and an attractive body.
Posted by: Ed_Morris

Re: A Little Help With The Ladies - 02/27/08 11:53 PM

how about I answer a question they didn't ask?

A: Because we (men) want what we cannot have.
Posted by: hedkikr

Re: A Little Help With The Ladies - 02/28/08 12:42 AM

Not a criticism but all the questions are girl-themed questions. It's obvious that girls made the list & therefore maybe difficult for a guy to answer. I think that the questions would take on a different feel if guys were to pose questions about guys from a guy's perspective. That might be more revealing. For example:
> What is your best accomplishment?
> Which is more important - making money or staying fit?
> What qualities do you look for in a woman?
> What really pissiz you off?
> Who do you respect & why?

it's kinda like this...you approach a tribesman in the Amazon jungle and ask him, "Would you rather drive in slush or ice? Do you prefer Prada or Luis Vuiton? Which can you relate to better, free verse or iambic pentameter?

I'm not a Neanderthal or "homophobic" (I hate that term) but I've never thought about sending another guy a card other than my dad for Father's Day or my brother on his birthday - that's pretty cut-and-dry.

Who knows me best? In which circumstance; home, office, dojo?

Something you never want a card to say? All the terrible things don't come in cards...they come in the form of traffic citations, termination notices or summons (unless Death has a business card).

Anyway, just another POV from a "cultural scientist".
Posted by: harlan

Re: A Little Help With The Ladies - 02/28/08 08:05 AM

'harlan's' reply...

WHAT free time? J/K In no particular order: family, friends, reading, training.

'I like to read Shakespeare'. That's my litmus test for people. If they respond 'I don't like Shakespeare'...' the conversation is over.

Up front...I hate the 'card thing' because I can never find one that is right, can't find a stamp when I need one, never know what to write inside, etc. Outside of family, I've sent cards for big things to guys...deaths/condolances.

Up front, I'm a female and just feel kinda...'obliged'...to keep the cards. Like Xmas presents that you hate from family ...you can't regift/toss them. On the other hand, I have a treasured postcard from California dated 1968 from a beloved teacher.

Matters a whole lot. The language should reflect the level of intimacy in the relationship.

Re: A Little Help With The Ladies - 02/28/08 08:35 AM

Hed,
I could just send them to the ... What really pissiz you off? thread.

http://www.fightingarts.com/ubbthreads/s...=0#Post15983235

Here is a different question they asked me...

What are some stereotypes about guys that [censored] you off?

OK hed we will use one of your questions.

Who do you respect and why?

Ladies feel free to join in too Laura, Casey... Y'all out there
Posted by: clmibb

Re: A Little Help With The Ladies - 02/29/08 02:26 AM

1)Free time? UMMMM I'm sorry I don't understand.....

2)I enjoy being outdoors as long as it isn't 10 billion degrees outside. I enjoy reading and alone time as well as being with people. I'm an easy-going person who can let a lot roll off my back but will stand up for what's right. I love to talk.

3)Oh sure! I give my husband cards all the time. It started when he was in the navy and we didn't see each other for 5 months. We would send several cards back and forth while he was gone. We still give each other cards for no obvious reasons (birthday, valentine's day, etc.)

4)Relationship-wise? Honesty first and foremost. As for what I hold near and dear to me? My family, if you hurt my kids, you'll have your ass handed to you by a 135 pound woman

5)My husband encouraging me to go back to school and supporting me the whole time.

6)I know myself best but if I had to pick another person I'd have to say my husband

7)I've kept every card my husband has ever given me. Most of them are from when he was over seas so they have special notes in them. I've also saved cards from baby showers and saved them (with what gift was given written inside) for my kids to see.

8)UMMMMMM Not a lady but my husband is always telling me lines. HMMMM browse through the forum, I'm sure I've shared a few.

9)Bad news

10)I don't like mushy. I prefer humor over all else but do enjoy a sweet card every now and then. Notice I said sweet, not mushy.

11)I like ZZ's answer on this

12)Eh Too tired to think of anything clever.

Casey
Posted by: RazorFoot

Re: A Little Help With The Ladies - 02/29/08 08:41 AM

Quote:

I enjoy hanging out with my son and fishing with my brother most. It is always great when we combine the two.

Quote:

A bit cliche but, what you see is what you get. I don't have the time or desire to try to pretend to be something I'm not so I hope you like what you see because this is it.

Quote:

Yep, get well, cheer up, congrats, happy birthday, etc.

Quote:

Trust, real friendship, & honesty

Quote:

Being a father to me during the toughest part of my life. It was a very good friend and mentor.

Quote:

My best friend

Quote:

I keep a lot of them. If they are funny, have a special meaning to me, or if they come at a difficult time in my life and help me through it, then they are part of my life.

Quote:

"I trust you with the life of my child." Any parent out there knows how huge a statement of trust & respect this is.

Quote:

"My condolences"

Quote:

Doesn't matter as long as it's real (reflects who the person who gave it to you is).

Quote:

As with Casey, ZZ said it best.

Quote:

Being a regional director for the UFC, I am currently holding auditions in my home...um, office for that position. There are one or two openings left I need to fill so hurry.

Re: A Little Help With The Ladies - 02/29/08 09:28 AM

You guys are the best.
Posted by: JasonM

Re: A Little Help With The Ladies - 02/29/08 09:38 AM

I don’t. Having two jobs consumes most my time and when I ain’t working I sleep for 3-4 hours and back to work.

Damn sexy!! Seriously, funny easy going and once a friend of mine friend for life.

Yes. It was an Ecard…My best friend...

Family/Friends…

Wow, I got nothing.

My best friends (2).

I usually don’t, but I have a small handful from my wife when we first met…Ijust ain’t get around to throwing them out yet…

Dang, still got nothing!!

Bend over!!

Funny!!

Respected!!

See the answer to #9.
Posted by: Cord

Re: A Little Help With The Ladies - 02/29/08 04:28 PM

Quote:

You guys are the best.

A friend of mine who knows I spend time on here calls the site 'Lighting farts'

Re: A Little Help With The Ladies - 02/29/08 04:50 PM

Cord,
Dude you just "Plussed" my cartoon. Thats GOLD.