Adult beveragss

Posted by: floatfishski

Adult beveragss - 02/03/08 01:05 PM

Posted by: Cord

Re: Adult beveragss - 02/03/08 05:13 PM

Used to be daily. Thats why its only at Halloween and Christmas now.
Posted by: JasonM

Re: Adult beveragss - 02/04/08 03:51 AM

It used to be daily for me 2 until i got this second job. Now it is just Saturday nights....And that ain't much since I am soo darn tired.
Posted by: ButterflyPalm

Re: Adult beveragss - 02/04/08 04:03 AM

Before I commit myself, may I ask what is the objective/purpose of this survey?
Posted by: RazorFoot

Re: Adult beveragss - 02/04/08 08:13 AM

Personal choice to not drink at all. Others who enjoy responsibly, have fun and be safe, just not something that interests me.
Posted by: floatfishski

Re: Adult beveragss - 02/04/08 01:29 PM

The purpose of this is that there is ample evidence that light to moderate drinking has significant health benefits as to abstaining and of course everything is better than drinking heavily. The four communities I tend to hangout with are martial arts, flyfishing, whitewater rafting, and jeeping. In conversations I have come to conclude that in order of drinking little to drinking to excess would go in this order; martial artists<flyfishermen<jeepers<rafters.

I guess this is just my informal way of confirming my hypothesis.
Posted by: BrianS

Re: Adult beveragss - 02/04/08 09:15 PM

You made the poll wrong. I was able to vote for all of them.

Re: Adult beveragss - 02/05/08 10:01 AM

Here's my hypothesis.

Martial artists drink the least because alcohol and having a rooted stance just don't go together?

Flyfishermen drank more because they needed an excuse to say why dinner was not caught?

Jeepers had to drink away what they thought was fuel substitute for their vehicles?

Rafters? I've no idea. Maybe to wash away the bad taste of muddy river water?
Posted by: Dereck

Re: Adult beveragss - 02/05/08 03:36 PM

I chose "one in a great while". Prior I drank almost every weekend from Grade 10 to the age of probably 35. It was only with friends but it was a big part of things. Due to injuries suffered to my neck I was on a lot of medication and I took things serious when mixing those drugs with alcohol; and I couldn't survive without the medication but I could survive without the alcohol. It then just became the norm for me realizing I didn't need to do this all of the time and I stopped hanging around with some of those people; for the better. I don't mind the odd drink here and there as I had 6 drinks on Friday with a buddy while playing NHL 2K07 for the X-Box 360, I had 2 on Saturday and 4 on Sunday while watching the Super Bowl. Now I probably won't have anything to drink for weeks and possible months.

My lifestyle is different and for the better; not to mention I still have injuries but though not on medication I just don't have the want like I used to. Now if some buddies were to give me a call and we headed out for the night or got together at one of our places, I'd be all for drinking. Time and a place for everything just not all of the time.
Posted by: Ironfoot

Re: Adult beveragss - 02/05/08 04:07 PM

Having an alcoholic father took all the ambiance out of heavy drinking, but I do enjoy GOOD beer, red wine, GOOD champagne and other assorted spirits - but never to excess.

I was told it was highly unusually that despite the alcoholism that ran in my father's family that my sisters and I could drink but never developed a problem with it.

Re: Adult beveragss - 02/05/08 04:55 PM

Ironfoot, we come from the same cloth. My father was and is still an alcoholic, though not near as bad when I was younger. My aunts and uncles too have had this problem. When my grandfather died they found liquor hidden in the basement as my grandmother disliked drinking so he did it secretively.

Out of my siblings; older sister and younger brother, neither of them drink nor does my mother. However my father and I do and if I look deep down inside I can see the draw to drinking and the feeling it gives you. I don't believe I have an addicting personality though some think I do when it comes to working out and stuff, however the amount of money it costs and the affect on families I've seen and so do only in moderation. But again if I'm going to get a drink on then I do drink a lot and have downed in 8 hours over 38 ounces of alcohol and did not even suffer a hang over. But that is far and few and very rare.
Posted by: RazorFoot

Re: Adult beveragss - 02/06/08 09:10 AM

Man, feels like a party. I guess I will join in too. My father was an alcoholic while I was growing up as well. He didn't stop drinking until his most recent bout with cancer.

Because of his demeanor (for lack of a better word) while drinking, I quickly saw it as something I wanted no parts of. By the time I was 16, I knew drinking was not something that would be part of my life. If you enjoy it fine, but it holds no interest for me.
Just always saw it as .
Posted by: laf7773

Re: Adult beveragss - 02/06/08 01:34 PM

About once a week i'll have a couple of beers if i'm able to manage not having duty of some kind that weekend. Rarely do i get drunk anymore, though there have been a few moments. I made the mistake of drinking with a guy who works for me and his Polish in-laws after his wedding. Never again, they drink vodka like it's water.

Re: Adult beveragss - 02/07/08 07:17 AM

Quote:

...they drink vodka like it's water.

Vodka is 60% water and beer is 96% water. I just don't know how people can get drunk.

Re: Adult beveragss - 02/07/08 01:49 PM

Is that sarcastic?
Posted by: laf7773

Re: Adult beveragss - 02/07/08 01:55 PM

Your not being serious...right?

Re: Adult beveragss - 02/08/08 12:40 AM

This is what I often hear people (the macho type) say, just before they throw up. After that I always say, why are you throwing up water?
Posted by: TKD-Skippi

Re: Adult beveragss - 02/13/08 09:00 AM

there are other kinds of poisons that of u drank it when it in water will kill you out right even in thta level of diloution.
Posted by: MattJ

Re: Adult beveragss - 02/13/08 03:03 PM

Quote:

there are other kinds of poisons that of u drank it when it in water will kill you out right even in thta level of diloution.

*sound of siren*

Text Police. Please step away from the keyboard and move out of the thread. Don't you kids know the harmful effects of chat-speak to adults on this forum? You could have killed someone, or at least cost someone their eyesight.

Next time, you're in the clink with a grammar teacher for 30 days. Don't let it happen again.

Now move along, nothing to see here anymore.
Posted by: grumbleweed

Re: Adult beveragss - 02/13/08 03:43 PM

my next serious drink will be at a good friends wedding in june, i expect to feel unwell the day after . august i'm on my holiday at the glorious north norfolk coast and no doubt will have a few jars in the beer garden of the Lord Nelson with my dad (neither of us has had/have alcohol issues apart from finding our way back to the holiday cottage!)